Over the past five years especially I have spent a lot of time in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Because we go way out of our way to do hands-on and DIY travel, nothing touristy, I could write a small book about our observations and experiences, unique among most visitors' experiences I am quite sure. Here are two takeways:
1) England and Scotland are nearly hopelessly politically correct, embracing Big Government with very little regard for individual liberties like freedom of speech, and
2) Many English truly believe that America did not bail them out in WWI and WWII
Both of these observations lead me, anyhow, to conclude that the British are incredibly insular and inward looking as a knee-jerk reaction against having been incredibly imperialistic, aka tyrannical. They are wearing blinders now and do not realize just how bad things are for them, or how they were perceived abroad.
Britain did indeed give the world the Magna Carta, and many other structures on which Western civilization is based. But now England is going backwards in every way. Hate to say it, but you guys there need another revolution (Britain had plenty). Time is running out so get to it. If your few good guys get the upper hand, I am sure that many American patriots will come help you straighten things out.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life