9/11 I was in the air flying back to Louisville. Mandatory landing ended up in Detroit. Nobody knew why until Ww saw a tv monitor. I got on my phone and reserved a rental at Budget car. By the time I reached the rental car agency they had a regular line out the door. I was an express member so went into the line with only three people in it. I got my rental and within two minutes they were sold out of units at the airport for budget. They told everyone in line that they were out of cars but we’re trying to bring in cars from other locations.

It was a mad house. In a loud voice I told people around me where I was heading and that three people were welcome to ride along if that got them closer to home. I ended up with four people. One lady and three men. The five hour drive was a bit cramped and very quiet. We all made it home that day. Two got dropped of along the way, one was five miles from my house and the last had someone waiting for her by the time we got home. People pulled together that day.

Ten days later I walked by ground zero. Until my last breath, I will never forget the smell, the sight. I have no real words for my respect to those men and ladies who ran into the building. Ran in to try and save others. God bless them.