Originally Posted By: canvasback
According to Pew Research, based on world wide polls, roughly 10% of Muslims fully and enthusiastically support the terrorist actions against The West.

10% !!!

That's around 180 million people.

It's not some fringe.

The same polls suggest that up to an additional 45% tacitly approve of the anti west sentiment espoused by the vocal 10%.

That's another 800 million people.

Tell me again about this fringe group of Muslims????

What a crock!

Talk is cheap. Checking a box on a poll is even cheaper. If we were dealing with 800 million Muslims INVOLVED IN OR ACTIVELY SUPPORTING TERRORISM, it wouldn't look anything like the world we actually live in. The terrorists would be in charge of the Muslim world . . . which they clearly are not.

When Bin Laden declared war on the United States back in 1998, he stated in his fatwa that it was the duty of every Muslim, wherever they were, to kill Americans--however they could. Well, how's that worked out? After all, if you want to kill Americans, then the best place to be--the most target-rich environment--is obviously the USA. So . . . out of the several million Muslims living in the USA, how many of them either do that or attempt to do it? Hell, we have wacko all-American mass shooters who kill more people in a single event than are killed by Islamist terrorists in this country in an average YEAR. Looks pretty darned "fringy" to me. But then I was trained to look at what's actually happening, not at what polls show. And remember this about polls: If they were all that accurate, Hillary Clinton would be president.