I'm looking at an older hammer drilling that recently had it's hook worked on (to put it back on face). It was evidently TIGed (to build up material) and then filed to fit. From the few photographs I've seen (online) the wood seems ok and the tubes are Krupp steel. It's chambered in the old 9.3 x72R w/16 bores over. The fellow listing it has been around for a while and while he's not exactly chatty (or forthcoming w/additional photos) I'm not getting a bad feeling about things (he's older, I get it). It's not lefty-friendly so I'll likely have to do a few things, but the price seems right (for a gun that's a whim, not a need). It's a minimally adorned no-name gun and while he's not exactly been forthcoming with the additional info I've requested (weight, barrel flat info, etc.) I'd like to know what should I be careful about here (other than the usual) and where might I expect to find problems in a weapon like this? I've never owned a Germanic gun before so I'm seriously underinformed. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 02/21/24 06:49 PM.