My Super was made in 1928 and has 32-inch Chromox tubes bored just as Askins describes in his 1929 Modern Shotguns and Loads, but my gun has a couple thou more choke -- .051" left and .053" right. It weighs 8 pounds 9.4 ounces. It was back to Savage and got a second set of 3-inch chambered barrels 28-inches long with normal .729" bores that are choked .017" left and .012" right. They are quite deadly over decoys.

When I first got the gun I ran quite a few patterns and found that the 32-inch barrels would go 85% with #4 or #5 1 5/8 ounce lead loads of the day. I tried some 1 7/8 ounce loads and got great holes in the patterns, so I've stuck with 1 5/8 ounce. When I got a letter on the gun, Roe included a photocopy of the card. The pattern counts on the back of the card show they got 79% with 1 3/8 ounces of #4 at the factory in 1928.

In that in October 2004 someone made off with my duck boat, a 12-ft cedar rowboat my Father built in 1939 that I literally grew up in, and that I bought a little English Setter in the spring of 2005, I don't know that I'll be doing much waterfowl hunting. These pictures were taken 2 years to the day before the boat was stolen. Those are the 28-inch barrels with the Pintail.