doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/28/09 05:10 PM
Hi all, just something to kick around here. The question is:

What type of action do you prefer on a SxS; Roundbody type or traditional?

As for me I like the traditional action. I like drop points and just the way the gun looks. That slab side just appeals to me.

Which one do you like?

All the best!
Posted By: Rocketman Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/28/09 07:50 PM
I'm with you, but recognize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/28/09 08:14 PM
Greg, someone on this board or I saw a pic somewhere of a round body Bertuzzi, newly made, that might just change your mind!!!
Posted By: wburns Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/28/09 08:39 PM
I like the look of traditional but I like to carry a semi round body where the front portion of the action is rounded like on my Sterlingworth. If some care is taken on rounding off the edges a little, like my Remington 1900, then I like to carry those as well. The newer guns have too sharp of edges a lot of times for comfort of carrying.
Posted By: tkunz Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/28/09 10:45 PM
I agree with wburns, a round body is so much more comfortable for carrying. If I will be doing alot of walking, I'll be carrying my Fox 16 ga.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/28/09 10:47 PM
I like the traditional sidelocks and some round body guns or hybrids when it comes to boxlocks. I wouldn't rule out any style catagorically, though.
Posted By: Boscan Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/28/09 10:52 PM
I also like look and feel of traditional sidelock guns that have very thin, almost concave, drop points. I do not like drop points that jump out like warts and rub against your hands. One advantage to a roundbody is that the sharp corners of a tradition design needs a little more care and is subject to getting banged up a bit more than a round body gun.
Posted By: Henrique Menezes Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 12:11 AM
Round body for 12's to make them smaller, and traditional square actions for smaller gauges to make them bigger.
Like them both, and agree with the ease of movement with the round body. I just don't like them with hand removable side locks, which IMO, takes the roundness out.
Posted By: JM Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 12:25 AM
From a purely aesthetic view point I prefer the traditional style action. I only like the round body styles in smaller gauges, again from an aesthetic view point.

I don't hunt, so I can't say anything about the practical aspects of carrying either all day in the field.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 12:31 AM
Traditional.

Mary Ann.
Posted By: Jeff G. Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 12:41 AM
Hi All,
I prefer the look and feel of a round body and also find guns manufactured as round bodys tend to be lighter then many traditional guns. I mostly rough hunt and prefer lighter guns. Now I really like bar in the wood side locks with and without hammers, also like clean lines up the action like Manufrance ideals (also round bodies) and underlevers or side levers. Looks like I am in the minority though.
Jeff G.
Posted By: Timothy S Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 01:21 AM
Traditional.

But I do have a soft spot for say back action hammer guns with round bodys in maybe 28 gauge!

tim
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 01:25 AM
All else being equal, I'd take the round body every time. Sleeker, sexier and just a little bit different. Ever since I found a pair of Dickson roundbodies for sale (fraudulently, I might add) on the net, I have lusted for them.

Brent
Posted By: chopperlump Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 01:52 AM
What else can a guy with a closet full of hardware store guns say except traditional. Chopper
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 02:17 AM
Traditional....I thought the round bodies were for the lady hunters.
Posted By: KMcMichael Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 01:04 PM
I have the traditional in the 12 ga and the round bodies in 20 and soon in 28.
Posted By: Sliver Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 03:16 PM
Jeff G.

We would compete for a round body with sidelever!
Edit:
Look at this Ferlib
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...mp;mode=viewGun
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 05:56 PM
Who came up with this price ?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...mp;mode=viewGun
Posted By: Katie and Jessie Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/29/09 09:40 PM
Traditional. The round bodies are nice but I like the flat palins of the traditional.

Regards, Gordon
Posted By: Jeff G. Re: Roundbody or Traditional ? - 01/30/09 02:04 PM
Hi Silver,
That is a beautiful sidelever but at that cost no competition from me.
Figures Homless would say something as enlightening as "Traditional....I thought the round bodies were for the lady hunters"
Jeff G.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com