doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: CMWill New Ithaca Double (O/U) - 11/17/09 04:40 PM
Not sure if this is a repeat post or not but here is a link to Ithaca's new double. Ok ok so its not an NID remake again, but it does have a little bit of Ithaca SBT look too it. Has anyone seen any of these in hand?

The thing keeps coming up as [censored] for shot gun life.com???

copy and paste minus the spaces

http://www.shot gun life.com/Shotguns/america-rising-ithacas-new-12-gauge-phoenix-shotgun.html

Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: New Ithaca Double (O/U) - 11/17/09 05:04 PM
Hello Channing, I had the chance to shoot it a few week ago. Love the Knick features as it certainly has the Ithaca Gun genes. I will buy one if that sums my impression.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: New Ithaca Double (O/U) - 11/17/09 05:26 PM
Same company that has been building the Model 37 pump out in Ohio. They are at the distinct disadvantages of building a firearm that not only has to compete with other manufacturers but they also have to compete against the old model 37 made by the prior Ithaca Gun Company, which is selling at extremely low prices and is held in high repute amongst hunters everywhere ...now that is stiff competition!!!!
I'm just hoping that management of the new Ithaca Company thinks every future move out completely because now their moving into a market that they may or may not know as well as their pump.
Posted By: Researcher Re: New Ithaca Double (O/U) - 11/17/09 06:14 PM
I didn't see anything in that article about a price point for this gun. Is it going to be able to compete with the A-10? Is it aimed at a higher price target gun like the Parker Bros.?
Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: New Ithaca Double (O/U) - 11/17/09 06:22 PM
I believe it will be very competitively priced to the A10. Of course wood and engraving upgrade offerings will allow the discriminating buyer to reach the level of his satisfaction. I had the opportunity to visit the plant. This is a state of the art operation! There is no grass growing on these boys.
Posted By: Tom28ga Re: New Ithaca Double (O/U) - 11/17/09 10:58 PM
The price range is: $2,500-10,000 according the info available on the Ithaca website.
Here's the quote from the Shotgun Life article:
"Better yet, with a starting price of about $2,500 and moving to $10,000 depending on the type of engraving and grade of American walnut, the Phoenix could easily mark a renaissance of the big Ithaca shotguns."
Posted By: L. Brown Re: New Ithaca Double (O/U) - 11/17/09 11:43 PM
There's supposedly a sxs in the works as well, or so they told me when I talked to them at Pheasant Fest last winter. Won't be a copy of either the NID or the SKB.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com