doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Windycity Percussion double - Hein Ebert In Wien - 03/07/11 03:48 PM
Here are pictures of a crooked stock percussion double with the name Hein r Ebert In Wien on the barrel. Also Ebert on one side and Wien on the other... and a royal crest on the curved portion of the stock. The gun appears to have been made for a right handed shooter who shoots with the left eye. Any direction on my research is appreciated.

Don't the eight "balls" above the crown indicate a high ranked royal personage as original owner?
Terry,
I thought someone on this board had determined the ranking based on the crown type.
Windycity - that is a nice gun. Probably tough to shoot in that configuration. I'm a righty with left eye dominance, though I've seen a number of these stock types,I've never shot one.
I'd like a gun like that.
Sorry I can't help you with your research, there are those on here who can though. Good luck with it.
Chris
There seem to be nine "balls" in this nobility crown, corresponding to a Count (Graf).
With kind regards,
Jani
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Percussion double - Hein Ebert In Wien - 03/07/11 11:40 PM
You'll recognize him by the broken nose.
Heinrich EBERT, Wien/Vienna, mentioned 1820-1837.

A high quality early percussion gun.

With kind regards,
Jani
Very similar gun. Unfortunately I failed to record the source of the pic or the maker frown

Windycity: If the initials under the crown are indeed of Count Trautson as you mentioned before, you might wish to research the Trautsons further in Austrian history books such as:
Franz Hadriga: Die Trautson. Paladine Habsburg. Styria, Graz u.a. 1996, ISBN 3-222-12337-3

With kind regards,
Jani
Posted By: Windycity Re: Percussion double - Hein Ebert In Wien - 03/08/11 01:15 PM
Jani, thanks for the suggestion. I will continue my research and post again when I have more.
Nice cross over stock. Must have been made for someone with M.S.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com