doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: pod ballard rifle parts - 03/19/13 07:07 PM
i really dont know where to go with this but ill try this thread. under the thread classic & custom single shot sporting rifles i advertised for parts for a ballald rifle on 3-18
RHD45 replied he had some parts at 5pm 3-18-13 i replied 3-19-13 at 6am only to find the parts sold not only sold but to two different people not only did these people hijack my thread they sent personal pms to RHD45 who honored them without giving me any consideration his response being they wouldnt fit my gun anyhow. nice ethical group ill just figure this to be just another circle jerk i dont get pissed often but this one raised my ire. thank you for nothing
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: ballard rifle parts - 03/19/13 07:35 PM
Wow.
For a guy who "don't know where to go," you sure got this BBS figured out.

It's a great crew.
Posted By: SKB Re: ballard rifle parts - 03/19/13 11:20 PM
try the assra forum, those guys are ballard crazy.
Steve
Posted By: RHD45 Re: ballard rifle parts - 03/19/13 11:27 PM
How long should one wait for a response when answering a "wanted" posting?
Posted By: Flintfan Re: ballard rifle parts - 03/20/13 12:58 AM
While I can't really say you did anything wrong, I would be kind of ticked off if I was him as well. From what I see you replied to his post yesterday evening, and then posted VERY early this morning that your parts were sold to someone else. That's hardly a reasonable amount of time to let him respond.

The buyer should have requested to be contacted via PM, and the seller should have contacted him via that method likewise.

It's probably just me but if someone goes through the trouble of posting a wanted listing, I at least want to give him first crack and give him a reasonable amount of time to get back to me.

Again, I don't think anyone did anything technically wrong, but it could have been handled a bit more respectfully. Live and learn I guess.
Posted By: RHD45 Re: ballard rifle parts - 03/20/13 01:20 AM
Yeah, I should have waited longer. I was contacted by phone by people I had sold parts to previously and was excited to be selling them so quickly and let greed overcome common courtesy.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: ballard rifle parts - 03/20/13 03:24 PM
Took a fair amount of character to say that. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with what you did...Geo
Posted By: craigd Re: ballard rifle parts - 03/20/13 03:53 PM
Me too Geo. I don't think he was greedy and I think he can decide his measure of common courtesy. I've missed chances here and there by various degrees of snoozing, but it wasn't my property to hold any kind of control over.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com