doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: kolhoznik Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/13/14 04:37 AM
I am looking for some information on a Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E. I am looking at what I believe is one of these in 20 gauge. What is a good price for a model in fairly good condition with no problems? Thank you for any help.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/13/14 01:39 PM
Who made it? Francotte? Sauer?
Posted By: Dave K Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/13/14 01:45 PM
I would bet Sauer,

do a google for Sauer 45E and thats probably it.

here is one I found-its probably gone after she was lowballed on price est and the vulchers smelled the blood in the water;

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=80274
Posted By: kolhoznik Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/13/14 03:10 PM
It is a Sauer but that is not it.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/13/14 05:53 PM
Bring me a rock, no that is the wrong rock.
So Sauer, what year made? (proofmarks)
Do you have a picture of the one you are interested in??
http://www.amazon.com/Double-Barrel-Shotgun-Schoverling-Broadway/dp/B00BQIWLPM

Mike
Posted By: eightbore Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/13/14 06:04 PM
Sauer serial numbers are well explained in Double Gun Journal articles. Your gun could have been made by any number of makers. A 20 gauge Sauer Grade 45 would be the find of the century.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/13/14 06:12 PM
smile
Good one Mike Thanks !
Posted By: kolhoznik Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/13/14 10:00 PM
What would be an average price range given the grade and just average use and no major defects. If someone wants to buy a run of the mill Parker VH in 12 ga in used but good condition can give the person a price of what to expect. I am not sure of the serial no. but have done enough to recognize it as WW I or earlier.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/14/14 12:05 AM
I think what you will have to do is kinda wing it for a "comp".Go look at Prussian Daly's,looks at Sauer's then compare it to the gun you want to buy.

Like you say its not like a VH Parker and thats what makes it more fun,anyone can value a common gun,just look at the auctions and adjust for condition.With guns like this you have to guess how many c notes "you" think its worth.

If you get it put up some pics.
Posted By: kolhoznik Re: Schoverling, Daly and Gales Model 45E - 02/14/14 01:56 AM
It is not a grade 45, that is a Schoverling,Daly, and Gales label. As I understand the Model 45 was a Model 14 in Germany.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com