doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/10/14 02:38 PM
for many years now, i have had the pleasure of selling sxs guns and other firearms on consignment. it has been a very satisfying experience for the most part...

i mean, how else can one make three people happy at the same time? sellers convert their unwanted guns into cash. buyers get nice guns, fresh to market, at fair retail prices. and i enjoy the fun of being the middle man broker, plus i make a little money without laying out any cash nor taking the risks associated with buying for resale...

life is good.

any other consignment sellers out there?

if so, what have been your experiences?
Posted By: Dave K Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/10/14 03:34 PM
What is this your own personal craigs list ?

BTW the cap lock key is on the left side of your keyboard,maybe someone at the library can help you TURN IT OFF !
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/10/14 06:30 PM
what is this your own personal toilet?
Posted By: battle Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 12:19 AM
Ed I think you just create threads to get under certain people's skin. Or Seems to me you are lonely and just want to talk. I think I suggested you pick up a new hobby. This one isn't working well for you..
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 12:35 AM
Originally Posted By: battle
I think I suggested you pick up a new hobby. This one isn't working well for you..

Perfect hobby for ed..............watching paint dry.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 12:50 AM
Typing in all caps is against craigslist terms of use by the way.
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 01:02 AM
dats hit?

maybe sum o you wood start a nutter thread more wirth wile?

how bout you dudley...you gotta hav sumthin wirth wile to say here? so far boy, you been nuttin but ah me too tag along...

we all waitin...
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 01:08 AM
You could start selling genuine fake watches ed. crazy
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 01:19 AM
jrb: have you ever started a thread here?

dont remember seein one...
Posted By: battle Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 01:32 AM
Is there a prize given for the most threads started? If not what am I missing?

Please don't feel like it's your responsibility to create new threads just to create new threads. I think if you haven't noticed, most on here probably have had enough....
Posted By: RHD45 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 02:41 AM
We enjoy our guns because of men like Abraham Lincoln,one of our best presidents and preserver of The Union.
Posted By: postoak Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 02:46 AM
Lincoln is directly responsible for the deaths of more Americans than any other single person, IMO.
Posted By: RHD45 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 03:49 AM
But we're still the "United States of America." I was trolling Ed anyway.I just can't help it.
Posted By: postoak Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 04:52 AM
In that case, I understand wink
Posted By: postoak Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 04:53 AM
Just add Lee and Jackson and I am OK with it smile
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 12:32 PM
point is guys, if you dont like the threads i start here, just ignore them and do start your own threads. who knows, you may even just have something interesting to share with us.
Posted By: Dave K Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 12:45 PM
Eddy Good is sick he has some sort of attention disorder (and no friends,nothing to do)
I posted this a while back and it seem to fit him.He has been banned form every other gun forum for acting out "in provocative behavior to draw attention to themselves" and we are left to babysit him until his next "meltdown"

Histrionic Personality Disorder Symptoms

Histrionic personality disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of attention seeking behavior and extreme emotionality. Someone with histrionic personality disorder wants to be the center of attention in any group of people, and feel uncomfortable when they are not. While often lively, interesting and sometimes dramatic, they have difficulty when people aren’t focused exclusively on them. People with this disorder may be perceived as being shallow, and may engage in provocative behavior to draw attention to themselves.( By using ALL CAPS-I added that part)
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 02:29 PM
That's General Robert E. Lee. Summed up nicely by an author of a new book on the Atlanta campaign, "The Army of the Potomac was too big to ever defeat but regardless of how big or well equipped, it never could overcome the military genius of General Robert E. Lee."

Therefore the War had to be won out west, which it was by General W.T. Sherman's Atlanta campaign and drive through Georgia.
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 03:43 PM
gettysburg was the price the south paid for robert e. lee.
Posted By: Craig Havener Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 04:21 PM
Ed, the king of irrelevant drivel! We should all light a torch in salute on Veterans Day!!
Best,
Craig
Posted By: GaryW Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 04:38 PM
There is a reason why all statues of Confederate heroes face north....they knew someday those damyankees would come back. Unfortunately, we don't have any statues on the doublegunforum to keep Ed Good out.(if that's his real name) I would only put guns on consignment with George at Champlin Firearms; a man of impeccable integrity and honesty.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 06:56 PM
A lot of war after Gettysburg, and a democratic challenger that would have ended the war if and when elected. Only the fall of Atlanta in September of 1864 ensured Lincoln's reelection.

How close we came to being two nations. An order at Gettysburg to countermarch as opposed to an about face. But where to put all of these fallen heroes, General Montgomery C. Meigs interjected, 'He's the man most responsible for all of these casualties, bury them at his doorstep."
Or was it "Bury them here" as he stood at Arlington.
Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 08:00 PM
And how is all this Civil War stuff pertinent to "selling guns on consignment??" I do believe that was the OP subject. Speaking for myself, these excursions and pissing contests and having to have the last word, are very detrimental to the quality of Dave's intention for this forum. It quickly gets very tiresome!
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 08:53 PM
walt: well said....
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 09:44 PM
In a round about way Walt we're trying to tell Ed to go away by ignoring his OP.
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/11/14 10:00 PM
quite tiresome...
Posted By: Virginian Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/12/14 02:32 AM
Yep. General Meigs had the pleasure of burying his son in Mrs. Lee's garden. Doubt he found it very consoling.
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/12/14 01:01 PM
no pleasure in that for anyone. certainly not mrs lee nor mrs meigs...wonder if they ever met and under what circumstances?
Posted By: shortround Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/12/14 03:00 PM
I don't know who you are but your Uncle Remus type chatter is quite offensive.
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/12/14 10:29 PM
i am ed good. i live in new hampshire. i grew up in florida in the 1950's. my grandma used to read me uncle remus at bed time...much humor, wisdom and entertainment in his tales...

who are you? have you ever read uncle remus? where do you live now? when and where did you grow up?

why do you find me and uncle remus offensive?
Posted By: RHD45 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/13/14 01:07 AM
"Song of the South" is one of the great movies that you will not ever see again due to political correctness.I saw it at a Norfolk naval base when it first came out.
Posted By: tudurgs Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/13/14 01:37 AM
Ed - My grandma told me "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/13/14 12:09 PM
durgs: why ah declare, what do you mean suh?
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/13/14 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By: RHD45
"Song of the South" is one of the great movies that you will not ever see again due to political correctness.I saw it at a Norfolk naval base when it first came out.

Doesn't fit in with Hollywood's agenda or is it their fruit loop lifestyle? Got to keep painting the South in a certain light or we will definitely have a Republican president here in 2016, then what will we do??

Probably a whole lot better.
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/13/14 03:34 PM
I do not know the past history of all your "Down with Ed Good" band wagon. Re: this post I did not see anything inappropriate
in his original post. So why do all you people feel the need get a jab in to bash Ed and provoke him into countering your belittling just so you can go at him again after he responds to you.
Some of you are behaving like children. Please stop behaving like children. If you don't like a man's post IGNORE IT. Does it get any easier than that REALLY?
My Mother instilled in me "IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING" If your parents did not instill good manners into you Please borrow from my Mother's teachings.
Let me repeat what she taught me.
"IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING"
Now please move on and let's get back to enjoying this site.
Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/13/14 05:57 PM
watch out wanna, de gonna be after you next...

an by the way, uncle remus is a collection of tales written in the 1870's by joel chandler harris of georgia...the disney movie from the fifties is remotely based on some of those stories from de ole times, befo de wa...
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/13/14 09:07 PM
All my effort to stop this from becoming another bashing Ed thread goes for not. Oh well, have at it guys.

Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/13/14 10:03 PM
58: maybe not...could be they will heed wanna's words...

anyway, guess no other consignment sellers care to chime in here?
Posted By: LLOYDB21 Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/15/14 12:15 AM
All the talk about Uncle Remus and no one mentioned the illustrator was A B Frost, who did some of the finest pen and ink type hunting scenes that I'm sure everyone on this forum has admired.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/15/14 12:49 AM
Frost first illustrated Harris' "Uncle Remus Stories" in the 1892 edition

Posted By: ed good Re: SELLING GUNS ON CONSIGNMENT - 11/15/14 02:21 PM
i too enjoy frost's work...here is a link...

https://www.google.com/search?q=ab+frost...ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com