doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dick_dup1 RBL #3X - 10/04/06 07:39 PM

RBL #3X arrived today. It was ordered and paid in full on the first day of offering.
Specifications were:
Assisted Opening
Exhibition Black Walnut with feather crotch like Win 21 with best feather on right side of stock
Color Case Hardening
Single Trigger
St Grip
14&1/4" LOP
Splinter forearm and st grip were ordered to obtain the lightest weight possible.
Don't even comment about the single trigger/double trigger controversecy.

RBL arrived impeccably packed. Only Ted's wooden box for Bruchet/ Darne's is more substantial.
Fit and finish are almost perfect and you really would have to nit pick and look with a magnifier to find anything.
Wood is a bargain for the price.
Gun weighs 6# 4.5oz on my digital calibrated scale.
Comparing the RBL to my SKB 200, you can certainly see the family resemblance in the action but the RBL is finished on a different plane. I like SKB's and in fact my first double was an Ithaca SKB 100 I purchased in 1973 for $188.50. I shot a lot of ducks, pheseants, squirrels and rabbits with that gun.
Of the four bespoke/special order shotguns i have ordered, the RBL is one of two that met or exceeded my expectations.
To those of you that whined, deflated CSMC and Tony Galazan or otherwise just blew hot disparging air, it's crow season in Wisconsin and the line forms to the left. You know who you are and its time for you to own up and eat crow.-Dick
Posted By: yobyllib Re: RBL #3X - 10/04/06 08:01 PM
HUZZAH!! looks like any combination of features on the gun look great!
I will say the single trigger looks better than the double in the pics,as th rear is right up against the triggerguard.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: RBL #3X - 10/04/06 08:06 PM
Dick, that is a beauty! A gun to be proud of! Bobby
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: RBL #3X - 10/04/06 08:15 PM
That's a beauty!
C'mon CSMC!, make that single trigger/case colored/splinter/english/exhibition black walnut batch go go go go!!!!
The only difference from my order is 14 3/4" lop and 3 months of waffling.
Posted By: ViniferaVizslas Re: RBL #3X - 10/04/06 08:23 PM
Looks very nice. I'm glad I changed mine to case colors.
Posted By: JM Re: RBL #3X - 10/04/06 08:42 PM
Congratulations, Dick, I hope you get some good fun and use from it!
Posted By: Chuck H Re: RBL #3X - 10/04/06 08:50 PM
Great looking gun Dick. Mine was ordered at the end of Sept with only the deposit. My config is straight stock, exhib Turkish, sst, assisted openner, beavertail.
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: RBL #3X - 10/04/06 09:11 PM
Very nice indeed. Two digit serial?
Posted By: reesq Re: RBL #3X - 10/04/06 09:20 PM
After seeing the various pictures posted and the latest CSMC ad, I also recently called and changed my order to case coloring. Dick, I have also been very curious about the assisted-opening feature. How do you like it? How quickly does it open and what is the difference in force closing the gun with the A/O in versus out?
Posted By: dogon Re: RBL #3X - 10/05/06 01:09 AM
Dick, You have a very nice gun there! Looking at yours only makes me want mine that much more.
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: RBL #3X - 10/05/06 01:12 AM
Dick,

It's handsome.

Please let us know when you pattern it.

Regards, Tim
Posted By: Stever Re: RBL #3X - 10/05/06 02:55 AM
Dick, that is a beautiful little gun! Mine is the same but with beavertail and 'french gray'....am seriously considering changing to cc. Also, mine is only the 2x but yours makes me think about upgrading....big time. Wish that there were more 2x pictures out there to help me compare and decide. Congratulations!!
Posted By: covert2 Re: RBL #3X - 10/06/06 01:39 AM
great looking gun and cetainly worth the wait. love to see some close up pics of the reciever. your wood is stunning!
Posted By: Zircon Re: RBL #3X - 10/06/06 03:00 AM
She's gorgeous!! The only thing that will make me happier than seeing you guys get your guns, is when CMSC delivers mine!
Posted By: BPGuy Re: RBL #3X - 10/06/06 08:53 PM
Looks great! Can you show us a close up of the receiver? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: J.B.Patton Re: RBL #3X - 10/07/06 04:39 PM
Anybody have one with EXPO turkish wood?

Should would like to see some photos......

best regards,
JBP
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com