doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Newlyn1 Something in LA? - 04/11/07 07:21 PM
I am traveling to LA for business tomorrow and I will have a few hours to kill in the afternoon. Can anyone recommend a nice gunshop to visit, or something along those lines? I am staying at the Millenium Biltmore at 506 S Grand and will not have a car so it has to be relatively easy to get to.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Something in LA? - 04/12/07 12:47 AM
Newlyn,
Ivory Beads is about a 45 min drive from where you're staying. It's the best double store in SoCal by far. There are no gunstores that I'm aware of in the are you are staying. But, Pachmyr's shop used to be around 800 S. Grand many yrs ago. Sorry, I think you're out of luck. If you're going in and out thru LAX, you'll have to go thru Culver City where Martin B Retting's store is, just off the 405 freeway (the way to/from LAX and your location) at 11029 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232 310-837-2412 http://www.retting.com/index.php They have a lot of low and mid grade guns with the occasional double, but not many or often.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Something in LA? - 04/12/07 03:16 AM
If you can fly out of Ontario Airport, Ivory Beads is right on the way to that airport from downtown LA. Ontario is maybe 45 miles east of LA, and Ivory Beads is at about the halfway mark, pretty close to the freeway you will be on (I-10). Allow plenty of time for afternoon traffic.
Posted By: PM Re: Something in LA? - 04/12/07 06:25 AM
Without a car in SoCal your are SOL
Posted By: TomGresham Re: Something in LA? - 04/13/07 11:13 AM
There are a few nice gun stores here in Louisiana.

Or, did you mean L.A.? <grin>
Posted By: Jeff King Re: Something in LA? - 04/20/07 08:40 PM
Originally Posted By: TomGresham
There are a few nice gun stores here in Louisiana.

Or, did you mean L.A.? <grin>

Do you mean something like Simmons in Bastrop. Seems as though most of the good one's in the Monroe, W.Monroe area have closed.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com