doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 40NT Newton Rifle Single Triggers - 03/28/17 06:28 PM
[img:left][/img]

Most First Model 1916 Newton rifles came with double set triggers. The most commonly seen form of single trigger is created by removing the set trigger and using the original firing trigger as the single trigger. This procedure is mentioned in the Newton catalogs. The following statement is also in the catalogs: "Many do not care for the set triggers, and for these we furnish a single trigger...." The bottom image is a single trigger created by removing the set trigger and the middle image is of the original set triggers. Notice the double knockoffs on the sear and the placement of the single trigger near the center of the trigger guard. The upper image is a 1916 Newton with a single trigger. The sear has only one knockoff and the trigger is set near the back of the trigger guard. I would like to know if anyone owns and/or has seen a single trigger Newton with the design shown in the upper image.
Posted By: Hoot4570 Re: Newton Rifle Single Triggers - 03/28/17 06:50 PM
How about a 1925 Meeker single trigger? I haven't had it apart in a while so I cannot attest to the design. I can snap some passably poor pictures if you wish.
Posted By: 40NT Re: Newton Rifle Single Triggers - 03/28/17 07:42 PM
Thanks, that trigger system was the 1924 design and not the same as the 1916 so pictures would not help. That is a rare rifle. What caliber?
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Newton Rifle Single Triggers - 03/29/17 02:14 AM
Might do better in the classic rifle section...
Posted By: Hoot4570 Re: Newton Rifle Single Triggers - 03/29/17 10:24 AM
Originally Posted By: 40NT
Thanks, that trigger system was the 1924 design and not the same as the 1916 so pictures would not help. That is a rare rifle. What caliber?

OK, I thought it would probably be a different animal.It's in .256 Newton. I assume 'LSW' could be Larry Wales. If so, we exchanged e-mails on this rifle in Oct '15. I kept your comments as part of the gun's history. If you recall, it had a second recoil lug added and a couple other modifications. I'd be happy to resend our exchanges if you wish.
Posted By: 40NT Re: Newton Rifle Single Triggers - 03/29/17 03:06 PM
I remember and kept your pictures on file because the rifle was different
Posted By: Hoot4570 Re: Newton Rifle Single Triggers - 03/29/17 08:03 PM
Feel free to use them if they are of any use. Also, let me know if any further views would be helpful. Thanks for your previous help.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com