doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: C.R. Sides Other fine firearms, rem 31 F grade - 05/07/18 08:32 PM
Hope not to ruffle double barrel feathers too much, but I would like some info on a Rem 31F grade. The forum description says other fine arms and I think the F grade Remingtons might qualify.
My gunshow partner has the opportunity to acquire a 20g Rem 31 F. I have not seen it in person, but he is a knowledgeable Rem/Marlin/win/ guy, and owns an F grade 760 rifle. The gun in question is in really nice condition, 20 ga, orange rubber butt pad, plain bbl, F grade engraving with no gold inlays, can't find an engravers mark. I got no pic. The asking price is in the $7500 range.

He would appreciate any info the group might have about price ranges, how many 20g 31F were made, would the pad be original, etc.

Charlie
There is a Remington Collectors Association out there, Google them and they would love to see some pictures, as we all would, when available. An American art form from the good old days.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Other fine firearms, rem 31 F grade - 05/08/18 02:04 PM
Two outstanding F Grade Model 11s just sold yesterday for $3100 and $2700 plus 15% buyer's premium and shipping. Be careful out there in this depressed market.
Posted By: C.R. Sides Re: Other fine firearms, rem 31 F grade - 05/10/18 02:33 AM
Thanks for the help.
Charlie
Posted By: Researcher Re: Other fine firearms, rem 31 F grade - 05/10/18 02:25 PM
There were a lot more Remington Autoloading Shotgun/Model 11 No. 6/F "Premier Grades built from its introduction in 1905 through the Roaring Twenties, than there were F "Premier" Model 31s made during the Great Depression and WW-II years of the Model 31 and Even fewer in 20-gauge.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com