doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Classicioi Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 02:44 AM
I've been searching for a Webley & Scott LTD trade label for a SxS made in 1966. Everything I have found has the Weaman Street address which is for the earlier guns.

If anyone has the correct label that they could send me a good picture of it would be appreciated. I would also be interested in buying one if someone has an extra label.

Please contact me at classicioi@yahoo.com if you can help.

Thanks
Posted By: skeettx Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 04:32 AM
What address are you wanting?
https://connecticutshotgun.com/product/w-c-scott-label/
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 04:38 AM
This label is from a W&S M700, made in 1966...at least you'll have the correct address.

Posted By: Classicioi Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 01:39 PM
Thanks skeettx - I'm looking for a Webley & Scott LTD case label. The link is for a W&C Scott. From what I've read the factory on Weaman Street was demolished around 1957 and they moved the factory to the suburbs. I don't remember seeing an address on the case labels for the guns made in the 60's & 70's.

Thanks Rob - I never knew exactly where my gun would have been made in 1966

If someone has a factory cased Webley & Scott LTD made in the 60's or 70's that is what I would like to get a picture of.

Thanks
Posted By: Mr W martin Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 02:46 PM
classicioi,
Richard Gallyon, gallyon guns, uk. may help. I purchased a label for a 1975 Webley from Richard. It is black leatherette with gold lettering, no address other than Birmingham England. He is very helpful and carries a lot of info re Webley.He has website with contact details.
I still have the label but am unable to send photo for a day or so if needed,
Regards
Mr W Martin
Posted By: Classicioi Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 03:11 PM
Mr Martin,

I believe that is the label I'm looking for. I searched his website but didn't see anything related to gun case labels. I would appreciate a picture when you have the time.

Thanks, Karl
Posted By: KDGJ Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 04:11 PM
Classicol,

This gun supposedly dates to 1970 W&S . The second to the last picture shows the label fairly well.

Ken
Posted By: Classicioi Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 06:38 PM
Thanks Ken,

That's the label I was thinking of. Hopefully someone will have a label or even a 28" case with a label for sale. If not, A good picture of just the label that I can make a label from.

Thanks again for all the info
Posted By: damascus Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/23/18 10:09 PM
These are some vintage Webley & Scott Case Label images, may be of some help to you.

Posted By: Classicioi Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/24/18 01:21 AM
Thanks damascus for the excellent pictures
Posted By: Mr W martin Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/24/18 09:15 AM
Hello again classicioi,
I now have pictures but do not have ability to post here. I shall attach them to an email and send to the address under your profile if ok.
Regards,
Mr W Martin
Posted By: Classicioi Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/24/18 01:06 PM
I received the pictures Mr Martin ... Thanks for your time and cooperation.
Posted By: Eis Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/24/18 07:47 PM
You might try Gunnerman Books in Rochester Michigan. I think I saw a few labels in her notebooks at the Southern this year.
Posted By: damascus Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/24/18 08:39 PM
Classicioi the top larger label was used in a gun case that was exhibited in the Chicago show 1966, Webley and Scott would sometimes reverse the image. The Chicago stand image I have has a black label with white lettering. As you can see from the other two images this image reversal to produce a black labelseemed to be a thing they did from time to time.
Posted By: Classicioi Re: Webley & Scott LTD Case Label - 05/24/18 09:49 PM
Eric, Thought I got lucky at Gunnerman's but it ended up being a W & C Scott label.

Damascus, If I can't find one before long I will try to get one made.

Thanks again
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com