doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: JayCee OT (Slightly) - 02/06/19 02:29 PM
Hello All,

Is it possible for a Florida resident to buy via internet a hunting rifle in Canada
and have it shipped home?

Thanks in advance.

JC
Posted By: King Brown Re: OT (Slightly) - 02/06/19 02:39 PM
Jaycee, wiser heads will come on, until then, I doubt it. A Canadian Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) is required to buy a firearm in Canada.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: OT (Slightly) - 02/06/19 02:42 PM
You can but you need to get it across the border. There are companies who do this for a fee. Then they can ship it to your FFL. Comes down to final total cost. You must buy it right to make the extra delivery cost not make it into a money pit. Often it’s just easier to buy from inside the lower 48 states. Borderview is one I’ve heard about but not used. A search will give you more choices.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: OT (Slightly) - 02/06/19 02:49 PM
Border view cost 299 plus 5% of gun value. Then I suspect shipping and insurance. That’s what I meant when I said it only works if you buy the gun very well priced. Pay market price and then add on all the extras you get underwater very quickly.
Posted By: JayCee Re: OT (Slightly) - 02/06/19 02:50 PM
Thanks for the info.
Apparently not worth the hassle.

A friend has not been able to find a Browning X Bolt Eclipse Hunter in .308 Win
and saw one in Canada.

I imagine it should be possible to get one in the lower 48 states.

Again thanks,

JC
Posted By: skeettx Re: OT (Slightly) - 02/06/19 03:31 PM
Wonder if this one is still available?

http://www.superiorgunshop.com/product.b...-wood-stk-blued

Superior Firearms
4520 South Broadway Ave
Tyler, TX 75703

Phone: 903-617-6141

Store hours...
Monday - Saturday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Posted By: JayCee Re: OT (Slightly) - 02/06/19 06:17 PM
Thanks skeettx, but no longer available and he is after the one with 24” threaded barrel.

JC
Posted By: canvasback Re: OT (Slightly) - 02/06/19 06:53 PM
JayCee, I've done it a number of times, selling guns into the US. Now, I am primarily looking at vintage SxS and other categories may be different. Here's what you need to remember.

The Canadian dollar is quite low right now so that means American dollars go a lot further in the acquisition dept. It's worse than a 1.3 FX right now so that means every $1000 of US is worth more than $1300 Canadian. Secondly, our market is typically lower than the US market. Used guns are cheaper here, even after exchange. So often, it only takes a well priced gun in the $1000 range to make the border crossing fees palatable. As soon as you get up around a $2K gun, if you find what you want, odds are it will be cheaper to import than buy in the US. YMMV.

I have used Borderview numerous times. They are thorough, do a careful and small engraving (US law requirement) and as fast as anyone, which is to say, not fast. LOL
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com