doublegunshop.com - home
I live here in central N.C. and may have found a vintage case for my Grant hammer gun. It has 31" barrels so finding a case is difficult.
The case which I have not purchased yet is very nice outside but needs the interior re-lined and fitted for the Grant.
Would like to find someone somewhat close in case I need to meet and discuss.
Any ideas?
Charlie at Hill Rod & Gun worked on an EJ Churchill VC case for me not to long ago. He did really nice work. Obviously he’s not on the east coast, but he’s very competent and reasonably priced. His turn around time was excellent as well.
Kevin McCormack, information available on the Parker collectors website. 703-402-5712 cell.
Kade Giles did some excellent work for me.

He learned his trade from Huey.

http://www.hueycases.com/gun-case-restoration/
Does Kade work for Huey or is he on his own and was trained by them?
George Piltko, incorrect spelling, over in Rock Hill, SC. Visited him back in Thanksgiving. Builds cases, relines/refits, and repairs. Nice shop and a good person: 803-984-2090. He posts to this sit, so must be in the que.

Good luck
George restored a vintage case for my Dickson a couple of years ago. Since then I have tried emailing him with no response. I was thinking that maybe he was retired now.
Kevin McCormack For sure .
+1 Hill Rod & Gun.
Originally Posted By: Gerry Addison
Does Kade work for Huey or is he on his own and was trained by them?

I believe he is on his own, trained by Huey.

Huey lives in KC and Kade works out of Lawrence.
Contact Dave Bennetts. 641-990-6536. He also worked for Huey. His picture is in the DGJ article about Huey. He has made cases for Tom Selleck and Frank Brownell and others.
Kirby Hoyt at Vintage Doubles now has a shop guy who does an excellent job restoring cases.
Dave's email is Stuckinia@zumatel.net
I spoke with George back in January about the Southern. He had knee replacement surgery in Nov. or Dec., but is ok. Call or google his name. He did post on this site a few weeks ago, so...

Kevin M. is good also as is Kade et al.

Good luck.
Originally Posted By: susjwp
I spoke with George back in January about the Southern. He had knee replacement surgery in Nov. or Dec., but is ok. Call or google his name. He did post on this site a few weeks ago, so...

Kevin M. is good also as is Kade et al.

Good luck.

As the number of competent guys out there are more than, calling each one to determine their current backlog maybe a good course of action.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com