doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: battle Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 01:49 AM
I’m guessing this is a Spanish made side lock. 28” ejector barrels. What would it sell for today?

Posted By: skeettx Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 02:13 AM
I think they were made by Ugartechea

https://www.emma-rifles.co.uk/product/parker-hale-12g-side-by-side-model-604-shotgun/

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail...de-lock-shotgun
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 07:19 AM
Go for £275-350 nowadays if you can sell one.
Posted By: Bob Jurewicz Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 11:04 AM
I believe it to be a Ugartechea Model 75 Sidelock. Those branded Parker Hale were imported to the US by Precision Sports.
In the US that would be a $1800 to $2500 gun. Great guns!
Bob Jurewicz
Posted By: battle Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob Jurewicz
I believe it to be a Ugartechea Model 75 Sidelock. Those branded Parker Hale were imported to the US by Precision Sports.
Bob Jurewicz

That's a big difference from UK price to US price. Anyone else feel the love like Bob ?
Posted By: Replacement Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 02:31 PM
Uggie made guns for the Brit trade. I have one marked McNab Woodcock, 20g with 30” barrels, straight grip, nice wood, nice engraving. I think I paid $2100 plus all the BS California fees, and was happy to get it at that price. It is a nice gun in the right configuration.
Posted By: French Double Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 04:11 PM
I know it's a different grade of Uggie but I have a very nice, lightly used Model 30 with decent wood and 90+ percent case coloring left that I paid $500 even for about 5 years ago.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 05:57 PM
Originally Posted By: battle
Bob Jurewicz

That's a big difference from UK price to US price. Anyone else feel the love like Bob ?

If you don’t understand the differences in price, you haven’t been paying attention:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/22/grouse-shooting-yorkshire-water

England is at a crossroads, where the larger cities have not quite converted to Sharia law, but, they might as well have. Traditions of the past are being not only abandoned, but, destroyed.

Brit non ejector 12 gauge boxlocks are a $100-300 proposition all day long in olde blighty.
Best,
Ted
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 06:52 PM
That is sadly true.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 06:58 PM
Here's an Uggie 20ga, made back when we didn't see many Spanish guns in the States. And well before most of the Uggies we saw, while solid guns, were made to a price point. This one ended up at my house recently.

http://www.champlinarms.com/Default.aspx...&GunID=3411

The story on those Parker-Hales, as best I can recall: The individual who had been involved with the Ithaca-SKB partnership went to work for Cortland Precision after the SKB deal ended. He convinced his new employer to import side by sides. The Parker-Hales were essentially the same guns as the original Bill Hanus Birdguns, although Bill tweaked his version a bit. They're good guns. And given what's happened to prices on new Spanish guns, they can be really good deals on the used market. One version of the Parker-Hale was a Churchill XXV (25" barrel) model. I had one of those in 28ga. A real joy to carry through the thick stuff after grouse and woodcock. The birds liked it too, because I couldn't shoot it for squat. Too light/too short.
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 07:14 PM
Lol,bought a Parker Hale 20b XXV boxlock back in the 80`s,found it pretty similar to use!!!
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/02/20 08:30 PM
The pictures make it look like there is a bunch of proud metal on that one, Larry.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Toby Barclay Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/03/20 08:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: battle
Bob Jurewicz

If you don’t understand the differences in price, you haven’t been paying attention:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/22/grouse-shooting-yorkshire-water

England is at a crossroads, where the larger cities have not quite converted to Sharia law, but, they might as well have. Traditions of the past are being not only abandoned, but, destroyed.

Brit non ejector 12 gauge boxlocks are a $100-300 proposition all day long in olde blighty.
Best,
Ted

Ted, it has nothing to do with Sharia law or any other ethnic issue. In fact shooting sports, especially deer stalking and fox control are a fast growing area with many new recruits every year.
However, as the vast majority of shotgun users come through the clay route to shooting, the preference for O/U's for all shooting sports, game or clay, predominate and the S/S has become a minority interest. At the February British Shooting Show there was no shortage of shotgun and rifle sellers and buyers but the S/S probably represented considerably less than 1% of the sales.
Yes there is a high profile fight against grouse shooting but this represent a tiny part of the British shooting scene, albeit a hugely valuable one to those who are involved local to the moors. It is driven by the ideologies of re-wilding, class war and animal rights, is deeply flawed but gaining traction with the urban uninformed.
Please don't muddy the waters with your views on our national ethnic diversity, I won't comment on your institutions if you'll keep out of ours.
Posted By: craigd Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/03/20 12:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Toby Barclay
....It is driven by the ideologies of re-wilding, class war and animal rights, is deeply flawed but gaining traction with the urban uninformed.
Please don't muddy the waters with your views on our national ethnic diversity....

I think it is very fortunate if you folks are seeing an upswing in target shooting and hunting. I'd think it doesn't matter what your current generation has the preference to shoot, chances are future side by side enthusiasts with come from that group, not the unified opposition.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/03/20 01:59 PM
If importing was not so expensive a smart dealer could move hundreds if not a few thousand guns with the low cost to buy in the U.K. But even at 300-500 cost shipping quickly doubles that investment. Then going over them to make sure they are in sellable conditioner adds a few dollars more. It quickly takes out most of the potential profit margin. I do wonder if done in lots of 50-100 if the numbers might work better. Pity. I would love to help them out of their overstocked inventory.
Posted By: lagopus Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/03/20 03:21 PM
I'll second what Toby says. Berretta 20 bores can't be sold fast enough but a really nice decent English boxlock will be on you hands for ages. Fashion and as he says if you go for clay shooting lessons 10 to 1 you will be handed a Berretta to try out. Have a look at any game shooting scene pictures in British magazines and see what the majority of the Guns (Shooters) have now. Lagaopus…..
Posted By: graybeardtmm3 Re: Parker-Hale 12 bore - 06/03/20 05:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Toby Barclay

Please don't muddy the waters with your views on our national ethnic diversity, I won't comment on your institutions if you'll keep out of ours.

given our current circumstances that would be a kindness.

best regards
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com