doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Fausti Arms - 12/29/20 07:32 PM
Has anyone handled or own any Fausti Guns? I have been window shopping sxs Where Fausti caught my eye and attention. The only Italian gun I have handled a lot is my little Rizzini 702 jubilee in 28 gauge. O/U

I reached out to Fausti arms for a price list which Barbra Fausti responded and sent me there PL on her sxs. The pricing caught me a little off guard in terms of costs. ( higher than what I was thinking).

The model I inquired on is a DEA British Stefano, case colored, in 28 gauge, DT, 28” barrel, ic/mod, English stock.

Any intel, would be appreciated.

Rich
Posted By: skeettx Re: Fausti Arms - 12/29/20 08:02 PM
Double trigger is rare
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fausti Arms - 12/29/20 08:59 PM
Never handled any of their fine doubles, but I'd sure like to handle any of the three sisters- Mama Mia>>>RWTF
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Fausti Arms - 12/30/20 01:17 AM
A friend I occasionally shoot with had a Fausti DEA SXS made up in 28 and 32 gauge. Nice gun for the money and his even has some gold spots of engraving on the receiver. He shoots it well.
Posted By: CJO Re: Fausti Arms - 12/30/20 02:51 AM
I can give you some intel...but you might change your mind about your choice
PM me for the details

CJ
Posted By: MrCrockett Re: Fausti Arms - 12/30/20 09:52 PM
I have a 20ga Verona (not a troll!) model 662 SXS with barrels marked "Fausti Stefano" and "made in Italy". Nowhere on the barrels does it say verona. It has a serial # sv00000x. It is an excellent handling gun and shoots where I look. Also it has great rust bluing and excellent figure wood. The case colors are prolly not charcoal and not that vivid. It has a great single non selective trigger pull. I picked it up from cabelas several years ago.
Long story, but my ejectors got buggered on the kicker end and would not cock one kicker (I didn't do it). I called the factory in Italy and they sent me new ejectors at no charge, and also told me mine was a fine gun, and it looks and shoots like one. The ejectors still need fitting though. I have done a repair to the old ones and it is holding up fine. I think they have one service center in the US and you have to wait for the smith to come around from Italy once or twice a year. That would be a real drawback and may have changed in the 6 or so years since I spoke to them. I have eyed the DEAs and have been tempted.
DB
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Fausti Arms - 12/31/20 12:29 PM
They started out in this country by offering a fairly basic sxs (Fausti Style) through Cabela's. They've upped their game considerably in terms of fancier guns that you now see here in the States.
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Fausti Arms - 12/31/20 01:44 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
They started out in this country by offering a fairly basic sxs (Fausti Style) through Cabela's. They've upped their game considerably in terms of fancier guns that you now see here in the States.

The first Fausti guns I remember seeing in this country in any quantity were the really cheap over-unders that were being sold in WalMart. That was in the mid to late 90’s.
Peddling such a cheaply made, cheap looking o/u in the Walmart display case probably did a lot to hurt their brand image for many years to come. I still have it in my head every time I see a Fausti gun, no matter how nice they appear to be these days.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fausti Arms - 12/31/20 03:59 PM
Several years ago at a show I handled a Fausti hammer gun....looked ok.
Then I pulled the mushy hammers back...more click in a Bic lighter.

I believe the gun was priced around 20 grand...my only thought was are these people out of their damn minds.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fausti Arms - 12/31/20 04:02 PM
Hard to get over Walmart.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com