doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: susjwp Leather trade labels - 11/07/21 01:17 PM
There was a source noted here for leather trade labels. Anyone remember who that is or was?

Thanks
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Leather trade labels - 11/07/21 02:55 PM
Galazan and Jeff's Outfitters comes to mind.
Karl
Posted By: SKB Re: Leather trade labels - 11/07/21 03:42 PM
Quite a few on ebay UK. Also try Peter Dyson and Henry Krank and fine sporting collectables.
Posted By: susjwp Re: Leather trade labels - 11/07/21 05:03 PM
Thanks. I think this reference was for some one who either stitched or handmade leather labels. For some reason Louisiana comes to mind, but I could be imagining.
Posted By: SKB Re: Leather trade labels - 11/07/21 05:25 PM
There was a gentleman, I want to say in one of the Carolinas, who engraved printing blocks for a few select makers. I believe Alex. Henry, maybe a few other makers of best guns in the black powder era. I have one, the case and the label came of either Larry or Gary Davidson. The last I heard the gent I'm thinking of was too busy to take orders.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: TCN Re: Leather trade labels - 11/10/21 07:29 PM
What are you looking for? I've been searching to no avail for a Lancaster label with the 99 Mount Street address, and I bet I've seen just about every other available label while doing my searches.
Posted By: Jtplumb Re: Leather trade labels - 11/11/21 12:17 PM
This was posted a while back may help
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...;Main=45014&Number=565918#Post565918
Posted By: felix Re: Leather trade labels - 11/12/21 01:15 PM
To TCN
Are you still looking for a Lancaster/99 Mount street label ?
If yes PM me, I have one ex a guncase
Cheers
F. N.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Leather trade labels - 11/14/21 03:37 PM
A friend has the machine and the skill to make them and in fact made Parker labels for me. It is an expensive task! First you must provide the graphics, them she must send it off to be digetized , it's not cheap, then she must buy the right colors of thread, next set up the machine and produce the label. The costs can chew a $100 bill up costs do go down if more are produced. By the way your memory is good, it Monroe, LA is the place and she limits the complexity and number of colors. Give her a call and see what she says, her husband is a DA and she does some legal work . Her name is Beverly Walker at 318 381 0730.

Bill

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com