doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jack Ward Fox News Anti-Hunting? - 07/21/07 02:07 PM
While having my morning coffee today I was watching "Fox and Friends". There was a news story about the NFL player accused of promoting dog fighting. Unfortunately, the video had absolutely nothing to do with the story. It showed animal rights protesters holding signs saying "Hunting is (heart)-less". This is outrageous, and deserves a protest to Fox News from all of us. Sorry, no link at this time, but I will post an update if I find one. --Jack
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Fox News Anti-Hunting? - 07/21/07 02:35 PM
This isn't shocking matey Jack!
Animal Rights Protesters will take advantage of any "Bad Newz" and march with it if the cameras are rolling.
Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman Re: Fox News Anti-Hunting? - 07/22/07 01:24 PM
In their defense, Page Hopkins, one of the hosts of "Fox and Friends Weekend" is an avid duck hunter. She was profiled in Ducks Unlimited magazine.
Posted By: Grouse Guy Re: Fox News Anti-Hunting? - 07/22/07 01:45 PM
I'm sure Mr. Vick will get a well-deserved shellacking for his involvement in fighting dogs by both the Left and Right.

However, what we need to make sure doesn't happen is that the use of dogs in "our" blood sport (bird hunting) doesn't get caught up in the same furor. To a lot of people, dogs biting birds is every bit as objectionable as dogs biting dogs.

We need to have calm logical arguments for how our use of dogs is different.
Posted By: BIG AL Re: Fox News Anti-Hunting? - 07/22/07 07:50 PM
I just have to wonder why it is that anytime a so called crime involves a person with fame and money it becomes a federal crime and gets national coverage? There is no federal crime against dog fighting, only state by state, in fact two states it's not even a crime.

Strange isn't it?
Posted By: Shoot-N-Release Re: Fox News Anti-Hunting? - 07/22/07 09:02 PM
I heard that the transfer of dogs from state to state was the reason that particular case could be brought under federal charges.
Posted By: StormsGSP Re: Fox News Anti-Hunting? - 07/22/07 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Shoot-N-Release
I heard that the transfer of dogs from state to state was the reason that particular case could be brought under federal charges.

That was my understanding as well. Dogs from NY, Texas, and everywhere in between were brought to the Virginia house to fight. Crossing state borders with a dog with the intention to fight it is, I believe, what makes it a federal offense.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com