doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bob Cash Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/02/22 03:46 PM
I had the pleasure of knowing Mr. Barnett from the shows I attended in Las Vegas over the years.
In fact I made my first internet purchase from SBFG’s over 20 years ago.
I’ve been communicating with his son in law August Morris for the past couple of weeks
on a few different Model 21’s and I’m just about at the point of purchase.

Has anyone dealt with August and is he receptive to offers
or is he more of a “Pay the price I’ve listed” kind of a guy”.

Thanks.
Posted By: spring Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/02/22 05:50 PM
Super nice guy. I bought a gun from him when at the Southern this past spring; looked at the gun for the first time at the same place the year before. Many, if not most, of their guns are being sold on consignment. Knowing the gun I was interested in had been with him for over a year, I suspected the consignor might be willing to negotiate a bit. I made an offer and we quickly had a deal.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/02/22 11:27 PM
I met August at the Brays Island Exposition this past spring. I was very interested in a .410 he had and we spent considerable time talking about it. Even though I didn't end up with the gun he told me to make him an offer. I did and said he'd let me know later. It sold at the Spring Southern and got me "off the hook". 🤣🤣

I really like August.
Posted By: ed good Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/03/22 12:59 AM
gee stan, you hangin wid duh swells now?

kickin tars an awl...

dis new boy august, sound like he got duh patience uv ah owl...

an duh stomach uv ah warthog...
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/03/22 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by ed good

kickin tars an awl...

If you care to translate I may get back to you on that. Or.......... I may not.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/03/22 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by ed good

kickin tars an awl...

dis new boy august, sound like he got duh patience uv ah owl...

an duh stomach uv ah warthog...
Idiot.
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/03/22 03:17 AM
August Morris is solid (he is Steve's step son). I got to know him years ago at SBFG when he would drop in during one of my many visits there.

I recently purchased a Parker from him and it was a real pleasure doing so.

He has picked up the mantle and is doing honor to Steve’s legacy. Nothing less than a gentleman. Go forth with confidence in your dealings with him, Bob.
JR
Posted By: keith Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/03/22 05:01 AM
Instead of going behind August Morris' back and asking whether you will be able to chisel him down, why not just be totally honest and tell him you need a lower price to have some wiggle room to do an upgrade, and then resell the gun for a nice profit in a few months?

I think he would appreciate that more than finding out you are making internet forum queries about his pricing policies. Most dealers would find that rather tacky and underhanded. Note that none of these guys who have dealt with him have proceeded in that mamner.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/03/22 12:10 PM
Give it a rest, Eddie. Maybe go and play with your Victor Journeyman torch set for a while, and lose your angst in the magic of the blue flames. RWTF
Posted By: ed good Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/04/22 10:39 AM
well foxie, fact is, setin up at gun shows an dealin wid what stops by your tables can be a frustrating an indigestin inducing experience...
Posted By: mc Re: Steve Barnett Fine Guns - 10/04/22 06:45 PM
Imagine how the unsuspecting gunshow attendee feels when he or she run into you edd
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com