doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: foxhound EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 02:49 PM
Check outGunbroker # 85529167 ; is an LC Smith 16 ga two barrel set. Jeez....

Rick
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 03:06 PM
A propane torch, a can of gloss varnish, and a cheap paint brush. What more could one ask for. Seriously, these guys are ruining some nice old guns trying to deceive people. It's one thing to do the deceit thing, but why ruin the gun in the process? The action is surely seriously harmed with the degree of heat needed to produce those colors. An absolute idiot.
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 03:11 PM
Let's not forget the wire wheel !!!
Posted By: CParker Re: EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 03:18 PM
Ug... I shouldn't say too much 'cause I've redone a few stocks myself. But for cryin'-out-loud the guys that redid my kitchen floor did a better job that that.
Posted By: Roy Eckrose Re: EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 06:00 PM
Such lovely colors! I especially like the greens.
Posted By: eeb Re: EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 06:17 PM
What turds some people are. How'd he get that top lever so far to the right?
Posted By: CMWill Re: EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 06:55 PM
Heres an idea. Publish a warning in the various gun publications, giving detailed pictures of real case coloring, compared to a torch job, and send the message to the uneducated public that an improperly torch colored action could lead to fatal results. Maybe the publishers would let us have a free page, as it represents a public hazard! I dont know if there has been a documented case of injury yet, but it would at least help educate people about the chance of it. Its like the old snake oil salesmen. These "gunsmiths" are deceiving people and many of us just dont think its right. This cant be a double gun only problem can it? I would think this affects the revolver and lever gun collector market also. It may help, it may not. One thing is for sure though, the guns must be getting sold because we keep seeing new torch jobs. I dont mind laughing every once in a while, but it gets to the point where enough is enough, even if it is a Smith
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 07:43 PM
"...detailed pictures of real case coloring, compared to a torch job..."
Just give them a link to the 'Case Colors' album
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=12588446
(which was the original intent and started what is now a 41 album PictureTrail-somebody help me please )
Posted By: cadet Re: EVEN MORE 'excellent ' case colors - 11/21/07 10:12 PM
Dangerous smithing and dangerous fakes seem to be in abundance at the moment: we martini enthusiasts are seeing a lot of fakes coming from the MEAO currently.
Perhaps there are a lot of new collectors snapping up anything they can lay their hands on and unable to tell the difference, with a lot of unscrupulous suppliers ready to fill the niche?
RG
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com