doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: mkbenenson visiting G&H - 08/06/10 04:39 AM
a month or so back one of our contributors said he was going to be in NYC for a theatrical opening in mid-August and planned to go down to G&H. Who was it? I have to get down there too to put a couple of rifles on consignment.
Posted By: Flygas Re: visiting G&H - 08/06/10 05:43 PM
Mark,
What are you planning to sell?
Posted By: joelblack88 Re: visiting G&H - 08/07/10 02:13 AM
It was me Mark, but our dog sitter can't take care of our shepherd that week so we had to call it off. I visited the Benardsville shop when they first opened it. Joe Prather remembered me from their previous reopening on Broadway and Houston St and he gave me the grand tour which included a look at the record books from the 30s stored in the basement.
Posted By: stu c Re: visiting G&H - 08/27/10 06:26 AM
I was in the Bernardsville shop at the end of July. Talked to the gunsmiths about a side mount and was given a good look around the workroom. Inventory on the floor was also very impressive.

- stu
Posted By: Dave K Re: visiting G&H - 08/27/10 09:02 PM
Have been there a few time when I lived in Jersey,neat place and they did good gunsmith work too.
Another good stop,north of there is Safari Outfitters, no old building like G &H but lots of double guns and fine rifles.
Posted By: stu c Re: visiting G&H - 08/27/10 10:15 PM
Dave

I managed to drop by Safari Outfitters as well a few days later on the same trip. No bargain prices but lots of interesting pieces.

- stu
Posted By: Dave K Re: visiting G&H - 08/27/10 11:46 PM
I was only there a couple times,its kinda hidden away in that mall.
They have a neat stuff "hiding out back" as well.I was there once with my wife and he was nice enough to bring out a crocodile cased (with all the goodies crystal oil bottles,ivory turn screws) double rifle built for some Maraja that cost more then my house fro me to drool over !

I also stopped at NEA in Kittery many years ago (long gone for various reasons),and can recall walking through the rooms filled with cased Purdy's and Boss's,they had a camera crew there from Forbes that day and they where passing around some 6 figure guns to get good pictures.

all fun to do and bring back the "kid in the candy store",very expensive candy store !
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com