September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (JulesW, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 453 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,931
Posts550,843
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#120121 11/05/08 07:11 PM
AFG Offline OP
OP Offline

I am very interested in ordering a 12 gauge RBL. With the options offered I can get what I have been looking for to get a target style SXS. But I am not a patient guy. When I called, I was told production would be in full swing shortly and that deliveries would commence in the spring. But isn't that the same thing they said about the 20 and 28's. I have a friend who has had his 28 on order for over a year now and no gun. I can handle a 6 month wait, maybe even a bit longer but if it stretches out to a year, I am not going to be a happy guy. Is there any reason to believe that these guns will be delivered on time? What do those of you who know more about their operation tend to believe.

AFG #120126 11/05/08 07:46 PM
Boxlock
Boxlock

AFG, If you've followed any of the past discussions on this matter, I think that you already know the answer to your question. I love my RBL 20, but I did wait for well over a year for it. Was the wait worth it? Absolutely! However, if you're not a patient individual, you could drive yourself crazy wondering if today's the day it'll come. My advice, put your order in and forget about it until you get your call from Carol.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Having been through the process for both the 20 and 28 RBL's, I think I'll just wait and buy one from "stock" in a year or 2!

nid-28
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to have one in 12 ga w 32" bbls. However,I already have a custom made spanish 28 ga on order. It does seem like a long time to wait for a production gun. I could use that stock dimensions with a butt extension but I have not heard anything about cast.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's the deal. Galazans has a track record established now on their promised delivery dates and there is no evidence to suggest they have changed at all. The fact is they are producing a very nice American made SxS shotgun at what some consider a good dollar to value ratio. The down side to it is they overstate their estimated delivery dates that end up being outright lies.

Bottom line is if you order be ready for a long wait and absolutely do not expect the gun to be delivered when promised. This one could be the worst of all! The past two RBL's have only been one gun/gauge that they had to work the bugs out of before delivering them. This time they are doing two gauges at once and changing many features they have not done before, such as vent and raised ribs.

Even with that said I am thinking of ordering a 16ga, but I'm questioning myself if I can have the patients to put up with the wait. I'm sure those that do order,will in the end get a very nice American made SxS!

Last edited by dogon; 11/05/08 10:01 PM.
AFG #120187 11/05/08 10:59 PM
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: AFG
I was told production would be in full swing shortly and that deliveries would commence in the spring. But isn't that the same thing they said about the 20 and 28's. Yes.
Is there any reason to believe that these guns will be delivered on time? No.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.