June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (earlyriser, SKB, Jimmy W, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 307 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,050
Members14,428
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

fnb,

There have been a couple of versions of Russian Olympic trainers (similar to yours) showing up at our 100yd matches lately. I know little about them other than the prices were very appealing and they will shoot!!

Ken

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

i've only had a few Russian guns and while they functioned fine they were kinda crudely made. this one, the build quality is outstanding. at least as far as you can tell from fit and finish. i've only got $350 net in it and the last anschutz m64 match i had, i got half that for the sights on it. the sights on this gun are better. i'd have to say this gun is way ahead of the anschutz. the receiver's massive. have not had it out of the stock yet to see what it's like inside.

the Russians seem to take their target shooting seriously. anybody mention ammo preferences in theirs?

roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can get more info here:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=178

I have never shot one. I use Anschutz and CZ guns. As far as ammo for any 22rf, it will vary from gun to gun. You have to test your gun to see which it prefers.

Pete

rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

one could pilfer around on that site for a good while!

i just bought 10 boxes of different match ammo. i'm planning a long range session with about 5 guns. will have to take notes and be a little more thorough. i'm usually pretty haphazard about results.

roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes you can....

If you are going to get serious about rimfire then pick up a copy of Steven Boelter's "Rifleman's Guide to Rimfire Ammunition". Steve, who posts there, is a top benchrest competitor. His book goes through dozens of brands. It is most useful for the background info and his testing methods.

You will eventually want to pick up a tuner for that gun. But that is a topic for a different bbs.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's Taiga-2 model for arbitrary or free type of shooting. Sorry no idea what is the English for this kind of sport.
Design by famous E.Dragunov (Dragunov sniper rifle SVD) and I.Samoilov in 1955-56.
The other name for rifle MCV-56. In production was in 1961-69 at IZHmash plant. Taiga-2 is modification of the first Taiga.
Group at 50 meters is about 1,6 cm
Nice find. With good ammo it will show smaller group.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wolf Match (available from Champions Choice)is the current rage although I have not found it to be any better in my 40x Than Federal Gold Medal Match.

rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

thanks!! i had already worked out "Tiaga" from the cyrillic but knew nothing else about it.

yeah, i was really happy to run across it. i don't compete but accurate 22's are interesting. and this one is in extremely good shape. the blue is flawless and the stock only has minor scratches.

what type of wood would you guess the stock to be made of? the grain structure underneath the stain and finish looks like walnut.

roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

All the ones I have looked at are Birch. The prices I've heard were similar to yours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.