June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (Drew Hause, azgreg, Jimmy W, 3 invisible), 256 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,630
Posts547,152
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I need to lengthen the stock on my Heinrich Munch by a good 1 inch or so to take it up to 15 inch long, plus change the pitch of the stock - has way too much for me. Curently it is finished with just a checkered end to the wood, which does look very nice.

I have been using a slip on leather pad, but would rather something more solid, and thus thinking either a red rubber silvers type pad, or to have a wooden piece grafted on and then finished with a checkered end.

Would I adversly affect the value if I have the above carried out well?

I also need to raise the comb for use with the scope, and currently have a rubber comb raiser which sticks on with double sided tape - which works well,plus can be removed quickly and easily. I have toyed with the idea of having an adjustable comb fitted - aka trap shotguns, but don't worry have seen one in the flesh they look horrible so won't do it! What are the lace on leather comb raisers like?

Last edited by HeymSR20; 12/07/09 05:55 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Heym:

Cabelas sells lace on leather combs in three thicknesses (1/4, 1/2 and 3/4"). I have placed them on several older rifles I own which had stocks designed for iron sights rather than the scopes I now need to see and hit anything. (For those of you who just recoiled in horror, all of these rifles were either factory drilled and tapped or had the scopes mounted when I acquired them.) They accomplish the task and aren't horrid to look at. One suggestion - if you buy one, go out and get a 54 or 60" leather boot lace. The lacing Cabelas provides with these is just too thin and flimsy to allow you to really cinch the pad up tight.

Rem

NJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Check out the comb raiser by Beartooth at http://www.beartoothproducts.com/ I use one on my Fox SW, and it works fine, comes off and leaves no trace on the stock.

Regards, Neil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would strongly caution against grafting an extension on to the end of your stock - everyone I've ever seen looked God-awful! A slip/lace on pad, if it gives enough length, is a good answer. It gives the length you need, and leaves the gun original should you need to sell it later. You can cut a narrow wedge & put it under the pad to change your pitch, too.

Another answer is to cut the end of the stock off just enough to give you the pitch you want, and put on a 1" recoil pad, like a Kick Eez or Limb Saver. You can always add some black plastic spacer for length, if needed. If you get much past an inch, though, the black at the end of your stock doesn't look much better than the glued-on extension.

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society
RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Contrary to many negative comments on extensions, send me your email and I'll send you photos of extensions, unlike any you have seen. Randy [ raven@freeway.net ]

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Contrary to many negative comments on extensions, send me your email and I'll send you photos of extensions, unlike any you have seen. Randy [ raven@freeway.net ]

I have a Smith Ideal with one of Randy's extensions and it's very nice. Worth investigating.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.