June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (dblgnfix, Hammergun, eeb, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 263 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,623
Posts547,099
Members14,429
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

L.C. Smith Collectors' Association Treasurer Chris Baumohl suffered a very major heart attack late yesterday afternoon. I got the call shortly after from his young son. He is in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit in Huntsville, AL. Please keep Chris, his wife Carol and son David in your prayers. His wife has asked that I keep all of his "gun buddies" up to date on his condition.

I have been posting updates on the LCSCA BBS. Below is a copy of the last update I had from her as of 4:30pm today.

Quote:
[/quote]I just spoke with his wife. Chris is still on the ventilator and most likely will be until sometime tomorrow at the least. He still isn't out of the woods yet. He has been responding by nodding his head and giving the thumbs up or thumbs down.

He is still in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. Once they get him stabilized he will most likely require some surgery to fix some issues.

Carol and David are doing well considering the situation. She has asked me to keep all of his "gun buddies" updated. What she needs the most is rest and some peace. She will keep me updated as things change. I will post the updates here as I get them. She appreciates everyone's prayers and kind words.

I will not give out her or David's phone numbers as she has more to focus on and worry about. If you would like to send a card to the family or just to Chris, you can email me and I will give you the mailing address for the house. I don't want to post it online and would appreciate that those that get his address to respect that and not post it either. My email address is above. Just click on the little envelope.[quote]

I will post more when I know something. Below is a link to the LCSCA BBS posting for those that don't frequent our forum.

http://members.boardhost.com/lcsmith/msg/1348952964.html

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Christopher, and please keep us updated. Our prayers to Chris and family.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chris is a southern gentleman! Prayers sent for him and his famity. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hate to hear this. Chris is a nice guy. Prayers sent.

Adam

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just spoke with his son David. They have had to put in a central line in his neck to keep the meds flowing and to get them in faster. He has also developed a slight infection and has a fever as a result of that.

David's next visit is at 1:30pm (central time) and he will give me another update after that.

Keep praying. He needs all the help he can get.

Sidelock
Sidelock

TTT

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

All,

First, I would like to pass along a sincere thanks from his wife Carol and son David for all of the kind words and prayers.

Now to the hard part....

I received a text from David this evening which is as follows:

"We just got done with the last visit and talked to the cardiologist. Every major doctor at Huntsville Hospital is working on dad. He told us he still doesn't have a good chance of surviving. He may have to start dialysis because his kidneys aren't functioning right. They are impressed on how attentive he is, which is good. It's just hard to see...they are just taking it day by day for the next few. So he is about as good as he can get".

I'm sure this news was a lot harder to type for a 17 year old son than it was for me. He and Carol are both very strong and keeping it together as best as they can. Please continue to pray for Chris and for Carol and David.

I will keep you all updated as I get more news.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keep your prayers going boys. Chris is truly one of the best!!

nid-28
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

All,

I am here at the hospital with Chris' family. I was able to see him about an hour ago. Things do not look very good at all. They have put it on dialysis as his kidneys have shut down. The doctor does not believe they will ever work again. If, and the doctor stressed the "if" he makes it through this, he will need dialysis for the rest of his life. Another concern is the condition of his liver. It is not functioning properly either. There is a chance that it could clear itself up and work on its own, but not a good chance.

I will keep updating all of you as best as I can. There is not a whole lot else that can be done for him. The doctors have done all they can at this point. Now it's all up to his will to live and the man upstairs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad news. I had lunch with Chris and family at Giorgio Locatelli's restaurant in London a few years ago and we kept in touch.

My thoughts are with him, his wife and his son. I lost my father this year and was a similar age to David when Dad had his first major heart attack. He pulled through that time and I hope Chris does the same, however bad it looks. Keep fighting it Chris -a lot of people are wishing you well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.