September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (buckstix, Drew Hause, Argo44, SKB, azgreg, 1 invisible), 405 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,871
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wimmen have no business meddling in the things that begin with the letter P-- Politics, Shootin' Pool, Playin' Poker, Hunting Pheasants or takin' a good solid Piss in the woods"--

I have to agree! I've never lived anywhere I couldn't go out and piss off the porch, just keep the wind at your back... wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Skratch, I have to disagree with you on several, if not all counts. And I piss off the porch (and other places) all the time.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Point taken!! Post just in jest, nice bag. The wife and I enjoy shooting, mostly rifle and handgun, not too many pheasants in the NM desert. The only pheasant I ever got was with the grill of a 1970 Chevy PU. . It was good eating, already tenderized,,, smile

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Runs, who is your brother in law? I can see Germantown from my house. PM me if you are protective of his identity. I also shoot a Mark 2 BSA Martini and have a baggo other single shots.
Surely you jest! No one, including the German Field Marshall Erwin Rommel, would even come near that obvious a trap. But I will tell you this much--he is an attorney who plays his cards close to the vest- and does not use an e-mail address for his personal interests, only for legal work when required.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Run,
Thanks for the great story... I may have to "borrow it" to pass on to my children's generation!

Jerry

BTW My wife insisted on buying our African safari at an NRA dinner... Then decided she wanted to shoot a Zebra! She took the Zebra, a Blesbok and an impala with one shot each... So I gotta' be careful if I agree with your grampa too much!

Here is the pic

She also decided it was one of the best trips we have ever been on and wants to return.... this time she wants a Nyala!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gerald A. Mele
Run,
Thanks for the great story... I may have to "borrow it" to pass on to my children's generation!

Jerry

BTW My wife insisted on buying our African safari at an NRA dinner... Then decided she wanted to shoot a Zebra! She took the Zebra, a Blesbok and an impala with one shot each... So I gotta' be careful if I agree with your grampa too much!

Here is the pic

She also decided it was one of the best trips we have ever been on and wants to return.... this time she wants a Nyala!
Your wife is both a very attractive and indeed, special Lady- to buy a trip of a lifetime for both of you. I have modified the chauvinistic attitude of my paternal lineage- I subscribe to Sports Afield, as I would very much like to visit Africa- all that Hemingway and Ruark stories have influenced that somewhat. The editor is a Lady, Diane Rupp, and she is an avid sportswoman. None of my wives have had any interest in guns or gunning, but my oldest granddaughter, Sophia Anastasia, age 7-- loves to blow on my collection of duck and goose calls, work with me in my basement workshop, and like her Mother, whom I taught to target shoot at age 11 with the M63 .22LR I received on my 16th birthday (Thanks again, Grandfather) is already asking when I will take her to the gun range and teach her as well.

She loves venison, duck and pheasant as well as she does hamburgers with French fries. So, I am more open to the "fairer sex" taking part in the shooting sports- Now politics- that's a whole 'nother ballgame indeed. Thank you for sharing that great foto.

Old joke, similar to the one Gene Hill shared in one of his great stories-- about the bachelor and the deserted island with both Sophia Loren, and also woodcock-- A hunting pal shows his bachelor buddy a photo of a knockout drop dead gorgeous gal, wearing a smile and a gownless evening strap, next to a trophy elk, and holding a fine looking scoped BA rifle-- His buddy is speechless, so his friend finally "breaks the ice" and asks-- "Hey Bill, what about that, huh?""-- "Wow", Bill replies, what caliber do you think that rifle is anyway?-- 30-06 or maybe a .300Win Mag???"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Runs, you misinterpreted my post. You think I want to meet you, I don't. I would, however, not mind meeting your brother in law, who apparently lives near me and shares some interests with me. I thought he might like to see my Hiwalls, maybe share some time at our local range. Some things never change.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We have a long history of misunderstanding each other. Without airing any past "dirty laundry" here on Dave's BBS, I trust you (and the other two of the Three Amigoes") who frequent the Pregnant Gophers Constipated Amalgated National gruppen, both collectively and individually, about as far as I could throw the Atlas anvil in my late Granddad's machine shop one handed--

But as you, in the past, have questioned the authenticity of the two older 12 gauge A (No. 6) graded Parkers my Granddad left me years ago (being the ONLY grandson and son of a serious gun owning family does have its benefits I guess)- here is what I suspicion you might have in mind--

Were I to give you his name and unlisted phone number, as he is an avid single shot collector and shooter, one might logically assume he hunts and is knowledgeable about other fine firearms, to wit; Parkers, Purdeys, G&H sporting rifles, etc. In fact, he is, to some degree, although not as "into" fine side-by-sides as I surmise you are, and to some extent, my self as well. So, perhaps if I "connected the dots" and got you two gentlemen together (ain't gonna happen)you might logically ask if he has knowledge or even have seen those two Parker guns.

Here's a "litmus test" if you wish to pursue it, to possibly prove that whatever gun details I post on ANY forum (I am still a forum member on the AHFCA gruppen, although I am sure the day is coming when that will cease to be- many thanks for that in advance of course- I'll even help your crusade to get me &^%$listed on all the gun forums you can- there I post as- surprise-surprise- GERMANTOWN-enjoy! This thread started as my posting about a BSA Martini 12/15 in .22LR- but no photos or serial number were given out- the other fine gentlemen who have responded prior to your riposte here all have accepted the fact that I do indeed, own such a rifle.

I have been both a: friend, client and bird hunting companion with Brad Bachelder for 25 years, hand running. If you want to know that I always tell the truth, and stand by my word once given out mano-a-mano, call or e-mail him and ask him if he does indeed have such a rifle - claim check number is 41530- Brad won't tell you YES until I OK that, as like a lawyer or a doctor, he has client/patient confidences to keep, but in this case, I will waive that-

You are 100% correct, we will never be friends. I have avoided replying to any of your posts or answers on this Forum to avoid overt hostilities. No big deal, we both have our own friends and networks that keep us happy. I could apply the Germanic phrase "Schaudenfrued" here, as reliable friends have mentioned your vision problems, and at age 71 I still enjoy 20/15 distance vision with no problems in color, depth or any signs of pending eye diseases- and unless I am miss-informed, you don't and need to shoot cross-stocked weapons to favor your left eye. But I don't wish you any evil, I have planned to leave you alone and hope that you would extend me the self-same courtesy-

I always look for the good inside the abyss- hard to find perhaps- but thanks in part to you, I have added codicils to the trusts I have for the Grandchildren- and even though I do not pay dues or receive the excellent magazine from the PGCA anymore, I have set the two graded Parkers as being exempt from purchase by(1) Any extant at that time auction houses (2) Any known or listed members of that fine organization, of which you have allegedly been a member since 4th Grade- Wow--

Sidelock
Sidelock

Foxy,

Having hired and fired numerous people of the vocation listed in your profile (retired welder), I have never witnessed any speak like you....
Could it be your obscuring your true profession which is ????????

Something to do with litigation perhaps???? smile

Best regards,
Ken

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Many of us know by empirical methods that you are crazy as a junebug. This thread and your posts prove it. You are a certified nut case as we all have known for years. I am trying to meet a neighbor who shares my interests and you post this? You are an absolute jackass. Does your wife know you behave like this when you are on the computer?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.