May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (CJF, Jimmy W, Chuckster, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 456 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,549
Posts546,220
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
A couple of weeks ago I called the local Gander Mountain, went through the phone menu and finally got a guy in firearms. I asked if they had 16 gauge loads, 1oz, #7-1/2s or #8s, 2-1/2DE. After three back and forth parries during which he he thrice invited me to drive out he walked the twenty steps to the shotgun shell rack, perused it, and informed me that they didn't.

I believe the Gander salesman was just lazy.

Mike, you're probably right and I was a bit harsh with my assessment of the salesman. We all have our bad days, back in the 70's I worked for 3 years as a car salesman. I usually went out of my way to be polite to customers, after all it helped my sales and it was the right thing to do. However, one day I came to work angry about something and laid into some poor guy who came in looking for a car. After he left and I cooled down I was so embarrassed with my behavior I called the guy up and apologized to him for my rudeness. I didn't do it to make a sale, but because he deserved an apology.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I understand perfectly, Curl.

My point being that whomever tries to manage that store has no clue.

Sort of like being the owner of a gold mine and expecting the gold to just pop to the surface, purify itself, and sell itself to the highest bidder.

There's nothing more insulting to a customer than to have to wait in line to give somebody money. We have to put up with this at the DMV, but not at a store.

I've stopped shopping at Kroger for the same reason.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Boxlock
Boxlock

Cabelas has become my "store of last resort". Everything they sell is made in a foreign country; very little made in the USA merchandise. The help is more interested in standing around talking to each other rather than assist a customer.I work hard to avoid them. Too many good independent sporting goods stores out there that could use our support.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I traded with Cabelas way back then when the only "store" was in Dick's garage and their only "catalog" was a classified ad in the back of hunting and fishing magazines and bought flies and some cork, I believe. Then, the family's first storefront operation in Sidney, Nebraska was an eye opening oasis--several times I travelled from Texas to there just for shopping. What a great place! And their annual sidewalk sales were something to behold. But something happened along the way--becoming a publically traded company and undergoing a massive expansion campaign totally changed the company culture.....and none of it for the better. Today I find it to be nothing more than an overpriced generic outlet of common goods. What a loss!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Hoof Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The operator who directed my call told me that they would not be able to answer questions on ammo availability. This seems to be "store policy" not one lazy salesperson.
Here is their reply to my emailed complaint. I love that this is a "industry wide" problem. Funny the other places I call can still tell me what they do and do not have.

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your recent feedback/comments.

We are terribly sorry for the problems encountered. At the present time, we are not permitted to check stock on ammunition or on Firearms at the Retail stores. Due to rapidly changing inventory levels for firearms and ammunition industry wide, we are not able to process requests on the phone or by email at this time. Please visit one of our retail stores in person to make a purchase, check on availability, and pricing. We do not have access to inventory levels on firearms. With the high demand, we are unable to hold merchandise at this time.

I have forwarded this email onto the Corporate Headquarters for future consideration and to let your thoughts and feelings be known regarding this policy. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and value your comments about our website and services.

Thank you for visiting cabelas.com and come back soon!
Sincerely, Shelley K.
1-800-237-4444
We are here for you 24/7!
www.cabelas.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

I use Cabelas on a regular basis. Occasionally you run into the village idiot in one of their stores. While it gets your blood pressure up at the moment, the stores are big enough to find another associate to assist you. The main guys in the gun library are usually pretty professional, their employees not always.

I refuse to shop in a Wal~Mart store unless it is an absolute only choice, I hate what they represent.

Bass Pro is pretty bad too. I have walked out of their gun rooms many times shaking my head not even being acknowledged while the associate just sits at his desk.

While Cabelas has gotten so big and has lost a lot of its culture, they still carry quality merchandise and have many good employees.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For my money the best service in the industry is online at Grafs.com.

They don't sell B&P, but I don't use that brand anyway.

Graf's is backordered like eveyone else, BUT they aren't raping people on price and did not do so during the FIRST O'bama induced shortage 4 years ago.

Great business, great people.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
For my money the best service in the industry is online at Grafs.com.

They don't sell B&P, but I don't use that brand anyway.

Graf's is backordered like eveyone else, BUT they aren't raping people on price and did not do so during the FIRST O'bama induced shortage 4 years ago.

Great business, great people.

+2

I buy almost everything from Graf's and have for years....the best people, the best prices and the best no cost shipping in my opinion...

Just picked up five bricks of .22 Eley ammo from Graf's, already delivered Fed Ex ground, while everyone else is staggering around trying to find them.

Super nice people, outstanding always......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey guys, thanks for the info about Graf's.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cabelas = If it's not "made in China" we don't sell it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.