September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (buckstix, Drew Hause, 2 invisible), 369 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,873
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Coryreb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Guys-

Recently purchased a second set of barrels from CSM to add to my Md. 21. The barrels need fitted to my gun, rust blued (were sold in the white) bead added and would like the chokes opened to sk/sk.

What vendors out there would you guys suggest for that work?

Thanks,
Cory

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken Eyster, Centerburg, OH. Telephone (740) 625-6131

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you got them from CSM you should have just sent them the gun and let them do it. Woulda been a lot easier. Ya think?

Coryreb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Orry, thank you for the suggestion.

Jimmy, I bought the barrels from CSM, sight unseen, for $500. Simple 26" 12 ga barrels choked IC/M. They wanted an additional $2000 to perform the work I outlined above if I understood correctly.

While it might have been easier to have them do the work, it seems as though I could get the work done more competively than at that price. Not looked for Grand American work here, just trying to add a second set to my duck gun to shoot skeet with.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow!! Tell me a little bit more about these. Were they for an old Model 21 or a new one? If they were for an old 21, were they new or used barrels? Did they have a forend on them? That seems like a pretty good price for a set of 21 barrels. It ($2000.00) is a lot to have them fit to a gun, though. Thanks for any info. Good luck.

Coryreb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I believe CSM had these made, or they were made, by another firm in Italy. I found someone who mentioned purchasing a set from them, sent an email and Lou responded that they had one set left.

The barrels are new 26", ICxM, 3" chamber in the white with ejectors. The barrels are set up for the later 21's I beleive as my earlier 21's forearm does not fit on the hanger in its current configuration. Needs some metal removed for the mine to fit. Also needs a small amount of metal removed on the lug to fit my older gun.

It might have been a great deal or I could have bought something I can't use on my 21's. Not sure at this point. As I said, I bought them to add a second set to my duck gun. I want to keep my 30" barrels in standard configuration but also I like to shoot the gun (alot) so I thought about trying to go this route to add another set of barrels without dropping a pile of cash on the project.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.