June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, 1 invisible), 314 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,615
Posts547,019
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

You paid shipping both ways, and likely an FFL fee of some kind. No bargain to LOOK at a gun. Such are the risks, all to the buyer.

These three day inspection agreements should have some clause about obvious misrepresentation.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a CSMC 21 on order and once bought a Parker Repro from them. Was satisfied with the Parker. I would have asked for shipping to be refunded if the problems were not mentioned. I always ask the owner to get the gun in hand and go over all details. I have bought to many re-done guns mostly Belgium Browning A5'S so I learned my lesson. Did you discuss your issues with Lou?
From what you described as was listed i would have questioned if it was original.

Mike Proctor
DRM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the time for the refund is very reasonable. Arrives one business day, gets opened, inspected and verified the next. Paperwork goes into the office that day or next morning, into the pile in the accounting department. Gets processed that day by card terminal, and that night the actual bank transfers occur.

I think it was your disappointment with the gun and also being upset by the obviously poor description (after all your research and anticipation) that made you a little too anxious to see the refund transaction occur.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm going to have to go with the "no problem" group here. Buying guns by mail and online can be expensive when you consider shipping and FFL costs and I think we all know that. Lots of advantages too though. I've always received first class treatment from Tony and his people. Turn around on your funds was reasonable I think.

Bob

Sidelock
Sidelock

The customer on the 16 gauge site link, Duncan, was in the gun business full time for five years, should know that only about one potential customer in ten can identify a well refinished Model 21 as refinished. He should further realize that only about one in ten gun dealers don't take advantage of that customer naivete. I, personally, wouldn't buy a Model 21 advertised as mint and original from five feet away, much less sight unseen. About nine of ten "mint and original" Model 21s advertised by otherwise reputable dealers are "mint and refinished". Most of us learned that when we were pups.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Took me 30 days to get my money back from Donny Schrum for a gun advertised as a No. 1E Ithaca NID .410-bore, with 28-inch barrels. What arrived was a refinished Field Grade extractor gun with 28-inch barrels!! Everyone I told the story to at the time said I was lucky to have my money back that fast!! In hindsight, I maybe should have kept it as I've yet to see another NID .410-bore with anything but the regularly catalogued 26-inch barrels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Chuck H: I paid for my RBL in full in October of '05. When I canceled my order in February of '07 and asked Carol about a refund with interest, about all I heard was a lot of laughing on the other end. What gives? Did anyone else who canceled get a refund with interest? JK

Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, the "interest" is the $300 discount for those who truly had discretionary money to put into a gun not yet in production. If your money was not "discretionary", it doesn't seem to me that it is Tony's fault. The $300 discount on the $2495 purchase price is about 12%. If your gun takes two full years to delivery, you still earn 6% per annum. Not bad in today's world of 2% passbook interest. Delivery in one year would be a whoppng 12% interest, if you didn't bail out early.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Where I hail from, a discount is a discount and interest is interest--but maybe they do things a little differently up north. If some folks get their money back with interest and others don't... well, that doesn't quite add up, does it? JK

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would anyone expect to be paid interest on a deposit on a gun when you cancel your order?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.