June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (azgreg, CMWill, Tripplebeards, Jimmy W, 2 invisible), 188 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,163
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
gold40 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Don't bother visiting Gander Mountain stores. I received e-mails touting 30% to 50% markdowns. This morning (5/15) I visited the Fenton, MO store and was sadly disappointed. Guns were marked down 5% from MSRP. No ammo bargains. Clothing prices were high -- golf shirts listed at $45 were marked down 20%; but much less expensive at Kohl's or Wal-Mart.

It was a wasted trip. I didn't see a single bargain, and bought nothing.

Store employees are left in the dark. They don't know their termination date.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your intrepid reporter, (er, me) noted the scam right here, a week or so ago:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=479774&page=all

I did pop in quarterly, while they were a going concern, for expendables. Had I not been aware of the pricing on a few items, I might have been scammed into thinking it was good deals for everybody.

It wasn't. Minimum of 30% up pricing.

I would wager that those golf shirts you saw at $45, were $29, four months ago.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been watching some goose decoys there since last fall. They have staid the same price, no mark up. But of course they were already 10% above other stores

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ditto for a lower end Penn boat rod I went to look at. Same rod for $10.00 less anywhere else.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And they wonder why they failed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In this morning's mail was what seems to be a bit of encouraging news regarding Gander and guns. Have to see how it pans out.

Article => https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/gander-...e-cheaper-guns/

Sidelock
Sidelock

I love this:
https://gastatic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/gander-mountain-meme.jpg

"All firearms reduced to MSRP!" Lol...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

So the inventory went one way and the stores went to another close out buyer. That will muddy the waters a bit. People will think the new owners were the people who ran the sham going out of business sales. Great way to start off.
You have to wonder about the brain power it took to advertise all guns now reduced to msrp which often is an inflated dream price in the first place.

Wonder if they have a time limit on their going out of business sale? Some states do limit this and some do not. Had a friend who decided to close his furniture business and have a going out of business sale. He sold more furniture in four months than he did in the previous three years. The state law forced him to close by a 120 period or he still be there. He would sell an item and tell the buyer it was in the warehouse and order it from his supplier. Take delivery three days later and put it directly on his delivery truck. Never entered the store or warehouse. For his closing he would only accept credit cards if you paid the fee. His prices were cut to the bone, very fat bones.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes the gentleman from "the profit" show Marcus Lemonis is heading up the revamp of Gander Outdoors formally Gander Mountain and is working on the pricing issues they have by tightening the screws on the vendors. There is also a $25,000 contest for the new logo. Online sales should actually be good too

Sidelock
Sidelock

From what I have been able to determine, GM is no more.

Lemonis, who is a two faced profiteer with recanted anti-hunting views, will likely cherry pick retail locations for his camping business.

It's difficult to believe that at this point the name 'Gander' has any residual commercial value.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.