September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (JulesW, KDGJ, Jtplumb, Silvers, 2 invisible), 447 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,931
Posts550,843
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RedofTx Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

From 6/18 to 6/21 I was in Lexington for business meetings. In between meetings I had planned to visit local gun shops. The first night in the hotel I googled up gun shops Lexington Ky. What popped up was Evans Firearms and Archery, Antique & Modern Firearms, Classic Arms and Archery, and Buds Gun Shop and Range.
The next afternoon (Tues.) I hit Evans, Classic, and Buds. Everyone was very cordial and there were many firearms to see. The only double I saw was at Buds, a Parker Repro. 2bbl set, DHE 20ga. Antique & Modern was closed that day for some reason.
Wednesday I made it to Antique and Modern. A very nice shop on the 2nd floor off a main street in Lexington. Now he had some doubles. Colts, LeFever, LC Smith. However, what caught my eye was a piece he had just gotten in a few days earlier. It was an 1881 Marlin, 32-40, double set triggers. S checkered pistol grip stock and 28 octagon bbl. Mr. Rees Day was a gentleman. We discussed it and came to a price, and it made the trip back home with me to TX.
You guys living up that way may already know about this gun store and Mr. Day, but if anyone else is traveling to KY, stop in and I dont think youll be disappointed.

Take care, redoftx.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A&M is a nice little shop. They get a lot of interesting guns in there from time to time. Most time they will deal on the price but they do get a few consignment guns and those they can not deal with so much. They had a LeFever BE or CE a few years ago. The ejectors were added later and removed the grade markings. It could have been a early B grade or late C grade. Only LeFever made the engraving better as time went buy. The only problem was it was a consignment gun and priced like it was a A or AA grade gun. Had to let that one go. You can not buy them all.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.