June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, bushveld, SKB, 3 invisible), 263 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,465
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congrats on a great looking gun. I've never seen one for sale with DT.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice looking gun at a great price! Congrats.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I would have preferred a more "classic" shape to the back of the action"

Not sure what you are referring to as Classic Shape. Predominant shape for most non sidelock doubles is a Flat Back. This is certainly far & away above the flat look. IO also like the rounded corners of the action.

Not absolutely sure of correct nomenclature here, dhanks stated round body. A true Round Action has a more rounded shape then this, perhaps that's where the Round body, comes in. Anyway it certainly has enough rounding to make it far more comfortable to carry than a typical A&D boxlock with their square corners. As my use of a shotgun has always been predominately Hunting, I prefer the auto safety. I do prefer double triggers & splinter forends.

In my opinion you did great dhanks, most likely it would not be too difficult to have the auto safe disconnected. I once many years ago had a 20 gauge Syracuse Arms double that had the switch for the ejectors. On that one the switch was on the outside of the forend but that's really neither here not there. I liked that feature, it was about the only thing I did like about the gun.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder if Coles Gunsmithing can change it to double triggers as they have done on other Beretta guns. That would make a nice option.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
"I would have preferred a more "classic" shape to the back of the action"

Not sure what you are referring to as Classic Shape. Predominant shape for most non sidelock doubles is a Flat Back. This is certainly far & away above the flat look. IO also like the rounded corners of the action.

For round action triggerplate guns I always thought the Dickson/David McKay Brown was very handsome & hard to improve on & for rounded action boxlock guns, Westley Richards guns featuring the "scrollback" action in either the standard A & D or droplock version
are a couple of "classic" styles that come to mind.

There are many other ways to finish off the back of a boxlock action in a classic manner. Douglas Tate's book Birmingham Gunmakers shows some other examples, most all a bit more subdued than the Beretta 486 shape.

For what it's worth, I've hunted with traditional square actioned boxlock guns & sidelock guns & one round actioned triggerplate gun & I don't think the action shape has anything to do with "ease of carry" since I rarely carry a gun in the crook of my arm or by grasping the action. I do like the looks of most round action guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Dhanks, you just hit a home run. The barrels are worth $2000. That is easily a $3500 shotgun. Very nice.
JR

For comparison:
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101052047
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The action has a strong resemblance to my Beretta GR2 double rifle:

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
dhanks Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just sent my Beretta 486 off to Graco to install an adjustable comb and butt plate. Such blasphemy, but I needed to raise the comb height in order for it to fit me correctly. I didn't want to use hot oil to bend the stock up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dhanks
I just sent my Beretta 486 off to Graco to install an adjustable comb and butt plate. Such blasphemy,..

I really do wish you had not told us that. I mean, dang...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
dhanks Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It is goong to be my competition sporting clays gun for SXS events. Didnt have much of an option!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.