June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (JDH, Argo44), 298 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,622
Posts547,087
Members14,429
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah!

More information and a response from a real person who might in fact turn out to be an enthusiast. Thank you for that Sean and I sincerly hope I've read this whole thing wrong. I hope you understand my reasoning.

You likely didn't get hurt too bad and this is a learning experience like we've all had.

'Parker' is an old an respected name. Please understand that the guns are not rare, but condition is. A junker BMW is a junker still. We still can't really evaluate the gun for you. Detailed photos of the breech and bores are required, and from the initial pix it doesn't look real good.

I chimed in mostly due the opinion from another that the Uggie was in 'top condition'. I'm not sure if that was tongue in cheek or not. We don't have barrel pix on that one either. Depending on actual condition of the barrels both internal and external it may be a $400-$600 gun. The corrosion hurts the value of that gun by 50%.

The model 58 is another mystery of course, but they have a history of frame issues. You may a have a perfectly sound gun. They are a nice piece in the history of Remington guns. It ALL depends on condition.

Allow me to extend my welcome to the board and apologize for the method used to pump some information and 'validity' from you.

Like buzz says, I'm not always right but I'm never in doubt.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thank you Mr. Jones I agree the Parker is in rough shape and like I stated before I am bringing it to a gentleman in Massachusetts to look at it.

I would love to be able to shoot these SxS as I am new to bird hunting in general but have a great place in Kansas at my Fathers. I've deer hunted there and I've had hundreds of birds fly in front of me walking through the fields. I think my dog would enjoy it as well.

I will try and take some better photos but all I have is my cell phone and trust me they're not that smart.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll give you $100 bucks a piece if you give me free shipping and send Dave his fee.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There shouldn't be any issue shooting the Ugartechea. And we can use all the converts to bird hunting we can get! Best of luck in KS.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.