|
|
|
S |
M |
T |
W |
T |
F |
S |
|
|
|
1
|
2
|
3
|
4
|
5
|
|
6
|
7
|
8
|
9
|
10
|
11
|
12
|
|
13
|
14
|
15
|
16
|
17
|
18
|
19
|
|
20
|
21
|
22
|
23
|
24
|
25
|
26
|
|
27
|
28
|
29
|
30
|
|
|
|
|
|
1 members (liverwort),
809
guests, and
6
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums10
Topics40,447
Posts575,560
Members14,716
| |
Most Online32,084 Jun 14th, 2026
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 751 Likes: 196
Sidelock
|
OP
Sidelock
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 751 Likes: 196 |
so if I have to ask the price, does that mean I can't afford it? Why do dealers list things with POR for price?
This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 678 Likes: 86
Sidelock
|
Sidelock
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 678 Likes: 86 |
To get you interested in other guns.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 662 Likes: 74
Sidelock
|
Sidelock
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 662 Likes: 74 |
To make you call & basically give you a sales pitch.
Once you call, the dealer knows his chum worked & he has a live one nibbling, now all he has to do is set the hook.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 181 Likes: 56
Sidelock
|
Sidelock
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 181 Likes: 56 |
To make you call & basically give you a sales pitch.
Once you call, the dealer knows his chum worked & he has a live one nibbling, now all he has to do is set the hook. Not necessarily, I was looking for a pro sport K-80 and called a dealer on an obviously high dollar POR. After I got the price and demurred he said they just got in a stand grade in perfect condition at a screaming deal. It was and I grabbed it; they even threw in a full set of titanium tubes of my choke selection. So you never know….just don’t get suckered.
|
|
2 members like this:
John Roberts, Stanton Hillis |
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,060 Likes: 256
Sidelock
|
Sidelock
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,060 Likes: 256 |
I feel dealers do that so they can change there price as the calls come and co.
Mike Proctor
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,045 Likes: 139
Sidelock
|
Sidelock
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,045 Likes: 139 |
I have been told on new guns the manufacturers sometimes make dealers do POR..
Socialism is almost the worst.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,815 Likes: 224
Sidelock
|
Sidelock
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,815 Likes: 224 |
Buzz is correct. Some makers are now requesting dealers to do por or they can list the msrp but not less. You can sell for less but they have to call.
If you are into the exotic car marked most dealers will not put a selling price in an ad, you have to call.
JOhn Arrieta
John Boyd Quality Arms Inc Houston, TX 713-818-2971
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,336 Likes: 41
Sidelock
|
Sidelock
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,336 Likes: 41 |
Some time ago I called on a POR. I was asking some questions about the gun and the seller asked me if I was actually capable of affording the gun. I advised him that I most certainly was and bought one from another dealer.
Dr.WtS Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked available by subscription Facisti Va Fan Culo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 14,757 Likes: 2509
Sidelock
|
Sidelock
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 14,757 Likes: 2509 |
I like to deal face to face. That's not always how it works out, but it's my preference. There's nothing outside the boudoir that is as much fun as haggling over a deal in person.
POR? Not me.
May God bless America and those who defend her.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|