June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
10 members (Don Zahringer, Jimmy W, KDGJ, Borderbill, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 478 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,583
Posts546,706
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84727 02/25/08 01:22 AM
Boscan Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am helping a friend to pick out a gun and he likes the new Browning Citori 525 Feather and perhaps a Superposed or B-27. But, we both have some questions as we try and sort out the Browning O/U pedigree.

First, the new 12 ga. Browning 525 Citori Feather has to be one of the lightest 12 ga. O/Us I have held. The catalog and Browning website says it weighs 6 lbs. 14oz - 7 lbs., but I'd swear it felt closer to 6 lbs. today when I shouldered. I have found the gun on other websites that confirm my suspicion and put the gun at 6 lbs. - 6 lbs. 4 oz. (for example: highgradeshooters.com, ableammo.com, and others).

Does any know how much this gun actually weighs? Are there two 525 Feathers?

Second, we also found a very nice 12 ga. Browning B-27 Special Game Gun 12 ga. w/28" barrels, nice engraving, and decent wood. I know that the B-27 was imported in 1984 and is a modified B-26 (Liege Model). I have read that the B-26 was a cheap redesign of the Superposed in an attempt to save money.

How bad is the B-27? Is this a decent gun for around $1700 in pristine condition Special Game Gun model?

Finally, what other 12 ga. "lightweight" (say around 7lbs.) Browning Superposed or Citori models should we be looking for? Our budget (or his rather) seems to top out around $2500.

Thanks in advance,

David

David
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi David,
The only way to know exactly what a particular gun weighs is to weigh it. The density of the wood, especially highly figured wood can make quite a difference. A more important question might be why does your friend want a very lightweight gun? If he wants to carry it a lot and shoot it a little, light is OK. If he wants to shoot it a lot such as several rounds of skeet at a session or 200 sporting clays in one day, he'll quickly learn to hate the gun. There is a high price to pay, in terms of recoil, for choosing a very lightweight 12 ga.

> Jim Legg <

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.