June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 324 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,612
Posts546,977
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

On January 26th, 2008 at the business meeting of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild (ACGG) in Reno, David Trevallion, our friend and fellow contributor on this Board (Crossed Chisles) received an Honorary Membership in The ACGG.
The ACGG grants a membership of this type to persons who deserve special recognition, the plaque Mr Trevallion received read: “The American Custom Gunmakers Guild proudly recognizes David Trevallion for his outstanding contribution to custom gunmaking”.
Recently I asked David about his contribution and he said “And his 55 years standing at the work bench, what we used to say at Purdey, wearing a hole in the floorboards”.
And a productive fifty five years at the work bench it has been.
I quote here Michael McIntosh from the sleeve of Shotgun Technicana:

“David Trevallion was born in London in 1938, three hundred yards from James Purdey and Sons. He fired a gun for the first time at the age of nine, on a farm in Gloucestershire.
At fifteen, he was apprenticed at the Purdey factory, where he worked under veteran stockmaker William O’Brien. Six years later, having completed his apprenticeship, David became a full-fledged stockmaker at Purdey’s.
In June 1963 he submitted his master piece to the Court of Assistants of the worshipful Company of Gunmakers and was admitted to the Freedom of the Company.
David remained at Purdey’s until 1964, when he emigrated to the United States. He soon founded Trevallion Gunstocks in Eau Gallie, Florida, subsequently moving the business to Chicago, Indianapolis, and Cape Neddick, Maine, where it has been located since 1986”.

To my knowledge Mr. Trevallion is the only person to bear the distinction of being “Admitted to the Freedom of the Company” and a member of the ACGG.

I asked Gary Goudy, a stockmaker and former president of ACGG what he felt about David’s membership, he said and and I quote
“Speaking on behalf of my fellow Regular Members of the ACGG, I can say the American Custom Gunmaker’s Guild membership is honored by his participation in our organization.” Gary paused, and then added: “We are delighted to have him in the Ranks, A talent of Davids’ stature doesn’t need the Guild, but we sure need him”.

Thank you Mr. Trevallion.

The following photos are from the Guild show in Reno, 2008

ACGG president Al Lind and Dennis Potter enjoy the moment as David recieves his membership:

New members James, William, David, and Joe

Hartmann and Weiss and Trevallion

David Trevallion, Monte Mandarino and Michael Petrov

Trevallion and Nigel Beaumont examine the new book on Lynton S. M. MacKenzie

Gary Goudy and David measure a stock, for a Goudy restock.

David checks the length of pull

Last edited by Barry Lee Hands; 03/02/08 11:16 PM.

All the best,
Barry Lee Hands
http://www.barryleehands.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations to Mr Trevallion. Have followed many of his posts here and have read some of his articles, and one that always comes to mind is the work he did for Elmer Keith on some of his guns.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations David!
David Trevallion's induction to the American Custom Gunmaker's Guild should not come as a surprise to any of us - the only surprise is that it has taken so long to happen. And yes indeed, they do need you David.
Dean

Last edited by DAM16SXS; 03/03/08 07:05 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congrats David! A mutual friend tells me that you have a big birthday coming up this summer.

Last edited by Alder adder; 03/03/08 07:35 AM.
CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

David,....a well deserved recognition for a "Lifetime of Gunmaking" at the highest level,....Congratulations!!

Claudio

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would also like to add my congratulations. As everyone knows David does world class work and it can only help the stature of our organization to have someone of David's caliber as a member.

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

As anyone who has spent any time talking with members of the group or with David can attest, this was a perfect match. That talent pool is amazing isn't it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations to the Ole Chap. I started to go to Walmart after one of his posts. I must admit I never figured him for a Walmart shopper.

It was an honor to meet him. I spent a few minutes talking to him and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. He is quite a character.

Last edited by Bill Soverns; 03/03/08 07:28 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave.
congrats.

You deserve it.
Brian

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.