June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 312 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,623
Posts547,092
Members14,429
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jeff G. Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

hI All
A relative just showed me a Colt 45 4.75" barrel made in 1902, looks original well used but not abused. It came from a small museum that has some Annie Oakley guns and stuff. Inside the original box and shipping box with Huyshope Hartford CT on it is a pic of William Cody and a note saying it was his. Who knows?
The museum are interested in selling the gun, I reccomended that they get a letter from Colt. Anybody have any other ideas on how to confirm or deny?
If it is not a W. Cody gun what is todays value, well used only about 10-15% case and blue but nice patina not abused. The cyl shows residue from its last shots.
Thanks, jeff G.

Sidelock
Sidelock

i dunno...but IMO Colt Single Actions are the most over valued guns in the world.

Jeff G. Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey Greg No doubt that is true, so I advise them to sell it and use the money for more important stuff.
Jeff

Sidelock
Sidelock

These like Lugers have gotten so expensive that the market seems to be about dead. I don't remember the last time I saw one sell at a gun show. A 1st generation one as you describe would retail in the $2000 range provided you could find a buyer.
The Italian firms such as Uberti are making and selling virtually identical examples in the $500 range and this has done a lot to provide shooters for Cowboy Action events and satisfy most that just want the right kind of look in a pistol.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it can be proved that it was an Annie Oakley or Bill Cody gun I imagine the the Cody Museum would be most interested.

Just My Thoughts, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff, what museum are you referring to? Some of us would be interested in seeing the Annie Oakley material. Thanks. By the way, I got a chuckle out of italiansxs's estimate of value for the gun and box of $2000 "If you can find a buyer". The box for a first generation 1902 Colt SAA would be worth more than $2000. A documented Cody connection would add another five figures. An Annie Oakley connection would exceed the Buffalo Bill value.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.