June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (M&M, R. Glenz, Hal M Hare, Austin Hawthorne, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 343 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,053
Members14,428
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, lads. Tomorrow I will likely acquire one of the maligned Turkish guns. Workmanship is where you find it. We'll see what tomorrow brings . . . and it is a neat looking little gun despite the fact that I ain't a 28 ga. believer. Chops

Sidelock
Sidelock

They handle quite nicely, but I went with American-made 28br O/U by Strum und Ruger. It's that very limited 1 of 100 edition Ducks Unlimited dinner raffle gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Mark DeHaan 20 gauge S2 - same model as the CZ Bobwhite. Mark's guns are made in the Huglu factory the same as CZ's are but supposedly under higher quality standards - although I don't know if I believe that. I've had mine since January of this year and hunted it pretty hard for the last month or two of the season.

The only complaint I have is that finish on the wood has not held up very well at all. Other than that I've enjoyed owning and shooting it. It has several hundred rounds through it and has taken many pigeons and several quail and rabbits.

I don't think you'll regret purchasing one.

Last edited by tnwestes; 06/16/08 09:16 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I, also, have a Mark DeHaan 2o ga., mod. S2 that I purchased new last Fall and has held up good for me.

John

We're only responsible for the effort, not the outcome.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, lads, I made the deal on the Bobwhite then made the following observations: extremely close fitting of parts that were visible, meticulous attention to the laying of the ribs. Now how they manage to make such clean solder joints is a mystery to me. The joining work on the barrels and ribs is so flawless that it must be done with some super hi-tech machine. Wood is very plain walnut with an urethane finish from the looks of it. Checkering is adequate at 20 lines to the inch with no overruns. Barrel interiors are mirror-like and the choke tubes fit properly with good maching evident both on the tubes and their recesses at the muzzles. Barrels are well struck with no ripples. Haven't shot it yet so I don't know about the trigger pulls but suspect they aren't that important on a field gun.
All in all --- looks like a great value in a 28 ga double. Will fill you in on its shooting qualities after I've popped a few caps. Chopper

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a pair of DeHaans, also made by Huglu in 28 ga. & .410. Great guns for the money. I shoot the heck out of both of them.

Pictures Chopper we need pictures.

Last edited by dubbletrubble; 06/16/08 08:55 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chopper,

Forgot to mention that the bores are chromed; that's why they are so shiny. Easier to clean, too.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine.

Phil

P.S. Have the DeHaan version (SO) too, in 16 ga. 28" barrels, IC and mod. Also a great gun for the money! Too bad DeHaan isn't offering the "standard" models any longer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.