This is my second bad experience with Lou at CSMC/Galazan and it will be my last. The first gun I bought was a Model 12 and the experience mirrored this one. At that time I just wrote it off as a fluke. The second gun I just returned was this one:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/detail.cfm?id=100049049&string=cid=512

The gun was definitely not as described: "100% case colors and wood finish, appears unfired and new in the box":

Both barrels had been opened up to greater than Cylinder!
The case colors were very faded & completely silvered under lever and behind safety.
The lever was centered.
The toe of the was stock scratched and dented.
The canvas case was in poor condition.
The snap cap block was completely detached from case.
Did not "include original factory cardboard packaging" as described.

When I received the gun I called Lou and was very cordial in describing the guns actual condition. I asked that since it wasn't even close to "as described", that I receive a refund of my return shipping costs and registration fee (along with the refund for the repro). He declined saying that the gun was "high condition". I asked how a gun that had obviously been opened up could be considered "high condition" since that seriously affects the gun's value. He said "we just missed that". So I said, once you receive the gun back from me and confirm that it was altered, will you then refund the shipping and fees? Again, "no".

He told me just ship it UPS ground to lower MY cost and ship it uninsured, as they were self insured. Since I was having a "trust issue" at that point I asked him to send an e-mail confirming this. He said he would, and of course, I never received it.

I shipped it FedEx insured. They had the gun for 10 days before a credit was issued to my credit card. It took four phone calls over the course of a week to get an answer as to the status of my credit.

And as you can see from the above link, the gun posting has still not been changed!

Last edited by Markel; 07/04/08 06:56 PM.