June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (bushveld, Kolar Dickson, NCTarheel, ChiefAmungum, 1 invisible), 164 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,636
Posts547,231
Members14,433
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

The asking price should have been enough to stay away from that deal.
Gee, I hope you didn't lay down 5k+ for that thing.
Honestly, I never go there (waaaay tooo expensive) and if I wanted 'RBL' I would just get 2k Turkish S&W import stocked at local store.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There descriptions leave a lot to be desired. After multiple inquiries on a Perazzi sporting gun, they happened to mention that "oh yeah this gun is stocked for a lefty". You would think that would be in the description???

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

This happens a lot with ALL the online sellers....I bid on a gun on one of the auction sites over the weekend...also asked a question of the seller about some flash reflection that looked like it could be blue ware....In his answer he also informed me that the magazine tube and end cap looked to be reblued in a matt finish when originaly they would be high polished..In the 8 pictures in the auction these areas dont show up...He said it was an oversite...Glad he at least informed me about this B4 the auction ended and has taken steps to cancel my bid...which would be top dollar for a original condition gun but well out of line for a gun with major work done on it...

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a thread on 16ga.com a while back about a similar situation with a Model 21 from Galazan that was, shall we say, less than honestly described. As I recall, that fellow wasn't successful in getting his shipping refunded either, and I believe he did contact Tony. The description remained on their website for a while, but I believe the gun was eventually removed. I'm always disappointed to hear things like this about respected dealers.

I've never bought a gun from them but must say I've always received excellent service with other purchases.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's this simple*. If a person, or dealer, sends someone a gun that clearly has been misrepresented they should hold the buyer harmless. What that means is the seller should pay for all reasonable, direct costs associated with un-doing the transaction. This is the case regardless of whether the misrepresentation was known or a simple oversight. We know it's impossible that someone as brilliant as Galazan/Lou would have missed the problems with this gun, so we can only assume they were sloppy in their description. They should suffer for that sloppiness - no one else.

*I know it's that simple because it's how I behave. If I can do it, so can everyone and anyone else.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It would certainly be great if shops selling on-line published their Core Values and Business Ethics, and lived by them. But,...

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hal M Hare
It would certainly be great if shops selling on-line published their Core Values and Business Ethics, and lived by them. But,...

Hal your post went over my head. What did you mean? After I read this thread I looked at Galazan's website for "Core Values and Business Ethics" and didn't find them.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06/30/08 12:53 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think what he is saying is exactly what you are, Mike- that they used no business ethics on this deal, so they couldn't post them? And vice versa. Or as I usually say: "A bird in the hand is worth a push in the bush".................Denny Crane

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jimmy W
I think what he is saying is exactly what you are, Mike- that they used no business ethics on this deal, so they couldn't post them? And vice versa. Or as I usually say: "A bird in the hand is worth a push in the bush".................Denny Crane

Jimmy thanks but I wasn't saying that at all. I just didn't understand what Hal meant.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Markel, Sorry to hear of your bad experience and too late now, but I can't help wondering if the cost of your Fed-ex return shipping might have been about equal to filing a claim in small claims court. If the gun was as far from it's advertised description as you say, it should have been a slam-dunk and put the aggravation where it belonged.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.