Thanks for the kind thought-I am impressed with the only Fox I own-and most likely ever will-my Grandfather had two graded 12 bore Parkers and his hunting partner owned a DE 12 bore Phila. Fox-I thought it was a much more handsome gun than the Parkers- straight grip- two triggers and that Fox was so well fitted- it would not close on some Remington paper hulls-but the Remingtons would work just fine in the Parker-my Grandfather was a tool maker- so he "miked" the head dias. of the Remington hulls- and compared them to some Federal and Winchester paper shells- the Remingtons from that particular box were 0.0025" larger in dia. than ther others now that is "gun-fitting". I bought mine about 15 years ago for $650.00 (dealer was asking $800.00) mfg. 1927-( I got a letter from Roe Clark)I believe from reading Mike's book on the Fox that it has the Becker Barrels- they are stamped Not Guaranteed- which has to do with patterns-I've shot Bismuth, Steel, lead and even Hevi-Shot hulls- 2&3/4" and 3" in it-and I like the tight patterns-I like to see birds "fold up and swap ends" in the air when well centered-just like I like to see a Montana mulie drop stone dead from a boiler room shot from a M70 30-06 with an 180 grain Core-Lokt- like my hero (Nash B.) I am a 12 ga. gunner-- I can handle its weight and great balance-I installed a Pachmayr solid red pad with one spacer-I like a 14 and 13/16" LOP on a field double- but for waterfowl I go a bit shorter in LOP- as I am wearing heavier clothing normally-Thanks for your interest- I have a pal with an Utica Sterlingworth 30" 3" mag 12 bore- DT and AE- most likely NOT a Becker bored Fox-he might be interested in hearing your offer-advise and I'll see what I can do for you in getting a "Big 'Un"- RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 07/13/08 05:45 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..