June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (Dwight Beske, welder, fallingblock, KDGJ, SXS 40, skeettx), 289 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,531
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why j0e....I single handed helped you rid yourself of the who dunit Purdey that kept you up at night!
Nothing like the real thing eh j0e.

Sidelock
Sidelock

40k per his rifle, and I bring up production rifles at a fraction of the cost, with all of the quality one could want and more.
This is not raining on someone's parade - it's guncabinet snobbery from the "Guild" set!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry for the rant guys. On the bright side, I figured out how to use the ignore feature.

But I am feeling much better now...

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You see what I what I meant when I mentioned at an earlier date about off topic posts? (In the voting post) Topics don't always HAVE to be about double guns. Handmade guns, craftsmanship, hunting buddies, lifetime memories galore- it doesn't get any better than that, does it? And better yet, the sharing them with other folks on the board. This is heaven, right?

Jimmy W #103275 07/18/08 08:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's the spirit - if one doesn't agree with you, hit the ignore button.
...and presto!

OP Offline

Well, I must admit I don't have a Cooper, or a Kimber in my gunrack, (although I have bought and sold a few).
Perhaps I will have to content myself with my Gary Goudy Stocked 416 Rem Mag Model 70( crossed chisles tweeked the forend in his bending jig when the piece of figured french decided to get squirrely), the Lee Helgeland 7MM Mag mauser,my Pete Grisel 3006 model 70, and my Winnie model 61 pump, which my dear mother gave me when I was 10 or so. Of course I have others, but these are my favorite personal Rifles. ( and my 88's, gramma and granpas guns, in 243 and 308).
My Shot Guns are another story, which doesnt fit here..
Presently I have a Fisher Mauser Sporter in 300 win ordered, which I think will be around 18k. Can't wait to take that to the field.
Kimber and Cooper make some fine guns.
I doubt if anyone noticed in Coopers 2008 catalog they mention,their factory engraver, Jeff Spicer, who I trained here in my studio in Montana, before I secured him a position with Ithaca Classic doubles, where I provided further training to Jeff, and the other engravers working there at the time.
I quote the Cooper catalogs reference to Jeff Spicer "Having learned his craft under such renowned teachers as Barry Lee Hands- Jeff honed his skills with Ithaca classic doubles"
Yes, they make a really fine production gun.

Last edited by Barry Lee Hands; 07/18/08 10:40 PM.

All the best,
Barry Lee Hands
http://www.barryleehands.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Fisher deserves every dollar he gets for his work....(don't mind Lowell he's not been right since he bought the cow-boy'd Beesley).

Sidelock
Sidelock

So far, we have the bench crowd's deleted reply that was ranging from Mann's high of 40k down to Hands low of 18k and one ignore button pusher. No wonder eh!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 07/18/08 09:37 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Glenn Fewless

Just what in the hell is wrong with you people? We are being shown pictures of a rifle being built by one of the finest gunmakers in the world, along with commentary by two of his peers, and you feel the need clutter up the thread by pretending you are important enough to criticize it with your petty comments. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, but just what makes you so damned superior that you feel compelled to rain on someone's parade?

I am sure you know more about fine gunmaking than all of the members of the Guild combined, but at least you could have the dignity to allow us to happily wallow in our ignorance and inadequacy. It is kind of like your 2nd grader coming home with a picture that you put on the refrigerator... Just hope you guest right if it is a goat or an elephant and tell us how proud you are.

Or heaven forbid, keep your own counsel...

Glenn Fewless

Glenn, There are a few here who suffer from Verbal Incontinence. You have to learn to just ignore them. They interject themselves into almost every conversation, having nothing to offer and don’t understand the conversation at hand. Maybe Jerry could get a computer, log on here so he could learn how to built a proper rifle ;-).

Michael

OP Offline

My best regards to Mr Petrov
Fisher stocked Barry lee Hands recut Turnbull colored George Gibbs 577 Nitro. . .

Last edited by Barry Lee Hands; 07/18/08 10:38 PM.

All the best,
Barry Lee Hands
http://www.barryleehands.com

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.