September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 202 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,935
Posts550,891
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Originally Posted By: Dave K
Thankfully where I live now they don't break in homes.

You must have died and gone to heaven, Dave. In the real world, "they" break into homes anywhere.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jack maloney
Thankfully where I live now they don't break in homes.

You must have died and gone to heaven, Dave. In the real world, "they" break into homes anywhere.

I have jack, you have to get out of the city and see how people live in the country.Nothing is 100% but the CLEO live across the road and the PD cars comming in and out outnumber the residents of our dirt road.My neighbors laugh because I lock my house and have an alarm,I do leave my car keys in the car thou.Takes while to get used to but it make you wonder whay you put up with living like you did.I do feel bad that people still live in areas where crimes like that happen but its a non event here.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just because you AREN'T paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

There Jack I fixed your quote to more accurately reflect Joe's situation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

HOMEBOY

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ohiosam

Just because you AREN'T paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

There Jack I fixed your quote to more accurately reflect Joe's situation.

I suppose that saying could go either way and still be pallettable...kinda like a pretty gurl.

But, I think you're more likely to have your brain fried from a cellphone or the radon and gamma rays in the granite countertops in your kitchen.

But if you really want to be afraid of something, be afraid of getting in your car. About 45,000 people die a yr from car crashes. Far and away above any other single cause of death in Americans.

Last edited by Chuck H; 07/25/08 12:05 PM.

jack, you have to get out of the city and see how people live in the country.

Dave, I have lived where your New Hampshire "country" would be considered vastly overcrowded. Crime still happens.

Some of the worst happen to people who imagine they're safe because they "live in the country." This spring a nice farm family - man, wife and child - down in rural southern Minnesota was slaughtered by a mindless killer, for no apparent reason. The family massacred by two wanderers (featured in Truman Capote's non-fiction classic In Cold Blood) were nice country people in rural Kansas. Charles Manson's victims were located on three acres at the end of a cul-de-sac in Benedict Canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains.

No one here is choosing to live in fear. But bad things can happen to good people, and a little forethought and sensible action might prevent some of it. That's what we're talking about here. The classic phrase, 'It vis pacem para bellum', applies just as well to civilian life in these troubled times.

I sincerely hope that folks here who dismiss armed home defense as "paranoia" or believe "it can't happen here" never have an unexpected encounter with a bad guy. Those of us who have, know better.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
HOMEBOY

Last Dollar,

If the bad guys come, I hope you give that magazine a good whack with the heel of your hand to get it fully seated!

Curl

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
I think you're more likely to have your brain fried from a cellphone or the radon and gamma rays in the granite countertops in your kitchen.

But if you really want to be afraid of something, be afraid of getting in your car. About 45,000 people die a yr from car crashes. Far and away above any other single cause of death in Americans.

Chuck - In 2006 there were 1,417,745 violent crimes reported in the US (murders, rapes and aggravated assaults) and over 2.5 million robberies and burglaries.

Clever remarks about radon and gamma rays probably wouldn't impress the victims.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack,
...Nor would dismissing the tragedies of some kids affected by radon be impressive to their parents. My point is that some balance of vigilence is needed. You're more likely to be involved in a serious car accident than a violent crime...if you get into cars a lot and if those car trips are in areas where there is more traffic. You're more likely to be involved in a violent crime if you live in certain areas or expose yourself to certain high risk activities. Farmers in the sticks are more likely to be seriously injured or killed at work than a desk-jockey like me.

I've been a victim of more than one of those crimes you mention in your statement above. No need to remind me. Vigilence is a tough subject and tougher thing to do and still enjoy yourself. Hazards to your health are far more numerous than just crimes but may be unrevealed for yrs, and that in itself is enough to make us all nuts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.