September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (Drew Hause, matesar, fullandfuller, ithaca1, 3 invisible), 205 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,935
Posts550,903
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell...you worry too much.

Originally Posted By: Dave K
whatever Jack,

hope you can get to place,either physical and/or mental, where you don't feel you and your family is in that much danger.I have and am very happy I did.

perhaps the best thing we can all do is send a check to the NRA ILA fund so they continue to fight to keep ALL our rights to protect ourselves

Interesting notion..."If the bad guys come to get you, make sure you have Wayne LaPierre on your autodialer!"

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don't worry j0e, but I'll try like hell to keep my family and stuff safe from the madding crowd.
Hope your teef are good and sharp.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The one shocker was how Chuck begged-off crime.
Anyone living east of East LA, have shivers up the spine, when it comes to South Central, Comptom and Watts.

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 07/27/08 01:15 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Plan for the worst and hope for the best. I got some useful planning information from this thread. And things look pretty hopeful to me. We are going to have some quail this year. Neither of my landlords has raised my birdlease prices. I have three creditable birddogs that find a lot of birds, point, honor, and retrieve to hand. I have two puppies with lots of potential. My business is doing fine. I run 10 service vehicles and although gas is expensive we can get it. My wife's and my health are excellent. My son is healthy and making a living and independent. I have my virtual friends here and my hunting buddies. I have some really neat old hand made doubleguns.

The War of Independence
The War of 1812
The War Between the States
World War I
The Worldwide Flu Pandemic
The Great Depression
World War II
The Cold War
Mutually Assured Destruction

We came through all those and this is still a great place to live, work, shoot and hunt.

Really, life is good for me right now and I think for most of yall.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If worst comes to worst we can always sell our vintage guns to Cracker Barrel.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
If worst comes to worst we can always sell our vintage guns to Cracker Barrel.

"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six"

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, the Cracker Barrel that is near me, already has one! It sure could use an upgrade tho...

You ever get the Cracker Barrel Syndrome? Look at a gun from a distance and say, hum, that gun doesn't look to bad, I've got to take a closer look. So you get up walk over and you get about 2 feet from the gun and the CRAPOLA alarm starts ringing and flashing in your head. That is the CBS. It makes you wish you never got so close!

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

A stupid bolt gun? Our friends "Charlie" used those crappy Moison-Nagant 7.62x54 Russian bolt guns with a "Buck Rogers" scope to some effect in the shoot-out some 40 years ago. I'll take a Bolt action rifles anytime- even over the Dragunov-which was NOT a crappy Moison-Nagant. A .50 cal. Barrett is a fine weapon and I like to stay with the tried and true-The great Browning-Colt 1911= later 1911-A1 in .45 ACP came about when Doug MacArthur was a Captain in the Phillipines-officers and some non-coms carried a .38 Colt revolver as an issue sidearm then- and the drug crazed natives and their heavy leather shields were not slowed down one bit by the .38- at least not by one round-hence the development of the .45ACP-still the most used and copied defensive sidearm in the free world- with the Browning 9mm Hi-Power and perhaps the German Luger and Walthers after that-RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm with you here Keith- and I love to shoot the groundhogs (woodchucks) ditto raccoons, skunks, possums, stray cats etc. that get into my garden (I live in a rural area, where hunting and the sound of gunshots are common, Thank God). Can't speak for the gated communities- or Lowell (Mass?) or any of the "bleeding hearts" on this thread-but as I said before, some dude or dudes try to break into my home (read CASTLE DOCTRINE here troopies) they ain't there to sell me Girl Scout cookies-I use factory ammo- never thought about reloads or Black Talons (I have some in .357M) and the relatives of the deceased Piece Of Shit that died in my house due to his criminal stupidity trying to sue me for "un-necessary force" or some other sych legal BS-You guys that don't like what I am saying-please read 'Nam Vet Charlie Cutshaw's columns in GUN DIGEST- he spells it out so that even Pfc. Shitburner Detail can figure it out- You are either a sheep or a sheepdog-in the world of today- try walking around after nightfall in our Nation's Capital City- unarmed and unprepared- Good luck and Via Con Dios!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.