Originally Posted By: Dave K
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Paranoid? No kidding. Just look at those places: Foxcroft ME, NW Kansas, NH, Bigfork MT,.....Almost nothing ever happens in places like that. The biggest danger is dying from boredom. Gee boyz, ya watchin' to much BIG City Slicker TV!

thats my point !! They just don't breakin to houses where I live,much better pickens in cities where they won't find a homeowner with a gun, long driveways and lots of dogs

Wake up, gents! Way out in rural western Kansas is where two drifters murdered Herbert Clutter, a wealthy farmer, his wife, and two children. Clutter had a long driveway, a dog and guns - but they weren't handy when the killers came in and slaughtered them.

Among his 11 victims, serial killer Charles Starkweather knocked off four people in and around Bennet, Nebraska and Douglas, Wyoming - not what you'd call major urban centers.

Every year we get reports of abductions and murders in rural and small town Minnesota and Wisconsin. And almost invariably, the TV reporter interviews a bewildered local at the crime scene who says, "Things like this never happen here." But obviously, they do.

False confidence and complacency have killed a lot of people - I hope it won't harm anyone here.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com