September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (FallCreekFan, 4 invisible), 200 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,938
Posts550,914
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Paranoid? No kidding. Just look at those places: Foxcroft ME, NW Kansas, NH, Bigfork MT,.....Almost nothing ever happens in places like that. The biggest danger is dying from boredom. Gee boyz, ya watchin' to much BIG City Slicker TV!

thats my point !! (although we did have one heck of a tornado come through here Thursday-a bit east of me but closer to JohnM)
They just don't breakin to houses where I live,much better pickens in cities where they won't find a homeowner with a gun, long driveways and lots of dogs..Mass is where I would go if I wanted to rob houses,there or NJ.
Biggest threat here to our safety is Oblama,Reid and Nancy P

Hillary For Prison 2018

Originally Posted By: Dave K
Paranoid? No kidding. Just look at those places: Foxcroft ME, NW Kansas, NH, Bigfork MT,.....Almost nothing ever happens in places like that. The biggest danger is dying from boredom. Gee boyz, ya watchin' to much BIG City Slicker TV!

thats my point !! They just don't breakin to houses where I live,much better pickens in cities where they won't find a homeowner with a gun, long driveways and lots of dogs

Wake up, gents! Way out in rural western Kansas is where two drifters murdered Herbert Clutter, a wealthy farmer, his wife, and two children. Clutter had a long driveway, a dog and guns - but they weren't handy when the killers came in and slaughtered them.

Among his 11 victims, serial killer Charles Starkweather knocked off four people in and around Bennet, Nebraska and Douglas, Wyoming - not what you'd call major urban centers.

Every year we get reports of abductions and murders in rural and small town Minnesota and Wisconsin. And almost invariably, the TV reporter interviews a bewildered local at the crime scene who says, "Things like this never happen here." But obviously, they do.

False confidence and complacency have killed a lot of people - I hope it won't harm anyone here.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a couple that lived on a farm about 60 miles North East of Amarillo. They were killed in their home at night. Turned out a hit man was sent out to avenge a drug deal gone bad and he got the wrong house. His targets were in a house a mile down the road from his actual victims.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/26/08 12:09 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the statistical anomoly (the boogieman of the insane stone-cold killer) is in the mix but doesn't count for this reason: How many of us are going to post a guard three on three off for the rest of our lives to make a contest out of a ten in 3 million+ risk?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jack maloney

thats my point !! They just don't breakin to houses where I live,much better pickens in cities where they won't find a homeowner with a gun, long driveways and lots of dogs

Wake up, gents! Way out in rural western Kansas is where two drifters murdered Herbert Clutter, a wealthy farmer, his wife, and two children. Clutter had a long driveway, a dog and guns - but they weren't handy when the killers came in and slaughtered them.

Among his 11 victims, serial killer Charles Starkweather knocked off four people in and around Bennet, Nebraska and Douglas, Wyoming - not what you'd call major urban centers.

Every year we get reports of abductions and murders in rural and small town Minnesota and Wisconsin. And almost invariably, the TV reporter interviews a bewildered local at the crime scene who says, "Things like this never happen here." But obviously, they do.

False confidence and complacency have killed a lot of people - I hope it won't harm anyone here.

way way to paranoid Jack,if the best case you have for me sleeping with one eye open is a murder in western kanasas almost 50 years ago I think I am going to be just fine thank you

Herb and his family had no alarm,no dogs to wake him up and did not live where I do.

geeze I do feel sorry for those that live in fear like that but when my dogs start barking cause my outside lights kick on its either a deer a bear or if I am lucky a moose.
Not false confidence- reality.My house has a better chance of bieng hit by lighting then having some dope try and rob me at my home,pickings are way better elsewhere and much easier to get out alive.

Hillary For Prison 2018

way way to paranoid Jack...geeze I do feel sorry for those that live in fear like that

Are people who use seat belts or drive cars with airbags "paranoid"? Is having a smoke alarm, or CO alarm or fire extinguisher in the home "paranoid"? Are people who strap their kids into child safety seats "paranoid" - and "living in fear"?

Simple, cost-efficient and effective precautions can save lives in many ways. It only makes sense to use them. If you already have firearms in your house, it makes sense to work out a home defense plan with your family right now, so in the rare event that you ever do need it, you won't have to 'invent the wheel' under stress.

When I was parachuting, Dave, I didn't "live in fear" - but I always had a reserve chute. In my climbing days, we roped up and belayed; in scuba diving, we carried octopus regulators but still trained on buddy breathing, and spent a lot of time on safety. Complacent carelessness is not a mark of manhood - it's a mark of stupidity.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

whatever Jack,

hope you can get to place,either physical and/or mental, where you don't feel you and your family is in that much danger.I have and am very happy I did.

perhaps the best thing we can all do is send a check to the NRA ILA fund so they continue to fight to keep ALL our rights to protect ourselves

Last edited by Dave K; 07/26/08 07:41 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Germane to the discussion, or not, as one choses to think.

http://www.backpackfever.com/2008/01/21/survival-after-economic-meltdown/

and, current updates: http://www.ferfal.blogspot.com/

Relax; we're all experts here.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dave, when the SHTF, nobody will be safe!
Local's in the country have pulled crap in the good times - I see no reason they will pull themselves up by the boot straps when times get tuff.
Long time backwoodsmen get hungry too!
Rural break-ins are nothing new, weekend homes are vacant in their minds.
Some of the most wacked-out things have happen in the country.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A bit beyond even an accelerated rate of B&Es but germane. Interesting that our Argentine correspondent looks first for water, light, power, followed closely by the need to accept dependence on a loose confederation of associates usually referred to as a community of interest, tribe, or even gang. Our man got married and had a child after the SHTF. Hope and human communion is always an option; successful pursuit and maintenance of the smiling aspects of life likely isn't--no matter how imposing your "arsenal" or your knowledge of how to use it effectively.

jack

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.